09/04/2016 The Budweiser Summer Stage at Tag's, Big Flats NY

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankopunk
Addicted

Re: 09/04/2016 The Budweiser Summer Stage at Tag's, Big Flat

Post by Yankopunk »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Alright, so this was my first time going Czar, and I have to say, it was well worth the money. The VIP party was fine (I think it could have been a little shorter, but whatever). Finally got to meet Dave, who won the costume contest with his Amish Paradise costume. You'll never guess what song he lip synced to!
Um, let me guess... "Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung" was the song Dave lip synced to? ;)

This is an excellent write-up! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, as I love reading these! Also, your outfit is really cool and I love it! That's also a nice photo of you and Al; I'm glad you got to re-take it. You have a fantastic smile, by the way, if you don't mind me saying. Very photogenic. :)
haroldwaide wrote:Yeah, i was kinda worried when Al's mic kept cutting out during Tacky. We sat near the back as CZAR or VIP tickets were cost prohibitive for a family of 6. Hopefully next time we can get closer. Had a great time nonetheless and got LOTS of really great pictures thanks to my wife's great camera. Sorta missed seeing the storm troopers. I was looking forward to that...
I just want to say that I love hearing about entire families going to Al's shows and having a wonderful time. Also, that's awesome that you were able to snap a ton of great photos! :D

As for the storm troopers, since it was mentioned that this show was near the woods, maybe they all decided to split as it reminded them of Endor. They didn't want to have their butts handed to them by Ewoks again, after all.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

To clarify. She took over TWO HUNDRED pictures...So glad we are in the digital age and don't have all that film laying around lol. I would also like to add that the one thing that disappointed me was they completely fenced in the CZAR seats and some of the VIP seats. Al couldn't interact with us even if he wanted to. Was it just this venue that does this or is it a thing now?
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

The fencing in the VIPs was a venue thing-seems to be more common in outdoor shows.

hi everyone, I used to post a ton and then sorta fell off. I had a brief posting jag about a year ago, and I'm going to really try and reconnect here. If you read Elvis's show account, I'm the Jackie he travels with all the time. I take photos. A lot. My plan today is to pull out the last few Mandatory Fun shows off the camera and get them up online. I used to be great about doing that too...even back when I had to get film developed and scan photos! Yikes.
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

That's what I figured. Just didn't seem right that some of te VIP peeps were outside the fence as well...
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

I wonder if guy who lives at home with his mom is on WOWAY
conk or bepis
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

haroldwaide wrote:To clarify. She took over TWO HUNDRED pictures...So glad we are in the digital age and don't have all that film laying around lol.
Indeed! Isn't it wonderful? I know that I'll occasionally find rolls of undeveloped film around the house.

I love that she took that many photos! I bet you will all have a blast reliving the night. :)

As for Dave, we might as well start calling you Booker T:

Youtube

It's Dave, also known as Elvis... the FIVE TIME, FIVE TIME, FIVE TIME, FIVE TIME, FIVE TIME champion! Now can you dig that... suckas?!

The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

DrSteggy wrote:The fencing in the VIPs was a venue thing-seems to be more common in outdoor shows.

hi everyone, I used to post a ton and then sorta fell off. I had a brief posting jag about a year ago, and I'm going to really try and reconnect here. If you read Elvis's show account, I'm the Jackie he travels with all the time. I take photos. A lot. My plan today is to pull out the last few Mandatory Fun shows off the camera and get them up online. I used to be great about doing that too...even back when I had to get film developed and scan photos! Yikes.
Jackie? No, doesn't ring a bell

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

minnick27 wrote: Jackie? No, doesn't ring a bell
HEY
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

LOL
conk or bepis