09/04/2016 The Budweiser Summer Stage at Tag's, Big Flats NY

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

09/04/2016 The Budweiser Summer Stage at Tag's, Big Flats NY

Post by Elvis »

Looks like Big Flats is in the middle of nowhere, but it's not too far (relatively) from where Jackie went to school, so we will couple this with the Lowell and Gilford shows and make a mini vacation road trip out of it and likely visit her old campus or other attractions in that area on the day off.

Orch Center (Gold Circle) Row B

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
haroldwaide
Regular

Re: 09/04/2016 The Budweiser Summer Stage at Tag's, Big Flat

Post by haroldwaide »

Just picked up six tickets for this show. Row U and row V in the center section right on the aisle. Probably could have gotten closer if I'd been more to the side of the stage, but I'm still pretty excited. Hopefully I'll get to high-five Al during Tacky.
Haven't ever been to this venue. Hope the view is OK.

Dave, check out the Corning Museum of Glass if you and Jackie haven't already gone. Well worth it and it's just a stone's throw from the venue. Also, why not add the show in Canandaigua, NY on 9/3? It's actually not that far away in the grand scheme of things.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Orch Center Row A. First time going Czar. Hope I get to finally meet some of you guys!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Just one week away! Anyone else on here going?
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Oh, if only :(W I am starting now to save my $$$ so that I can go to as many of the 2018 shows as I possibly can.
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

catladyleeann wrote:Oh, if only :(W I am starting now to save my $$$ so that I can go to as many of the 2018 shows as I possibly can.
I know the feeling. I found that I could still get Czar tickets for some of the last shows coming up, but then that leaves transportation costs, unfortunately.

If I'm still around, I will definitely be hitting up at least one of his shows in 2018. You can bet on that! :D
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

catladyleeann wrote:Oh, if only :(W I am starting now to save my $$$ so that I can go to as many of the 2018 shows as I possibly can.
Yes me too, especially since I have to account for possibly having to travel across the pond if he doesn't come over here...
Love and peace.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Alright, so this was my first time going Czar, and I have to say, it was well worth the money. The VIP party was fine (I think it could have been a little shorter, but whatever). Finally got to meet Dave, who won the costume contest with his Amish Paradise costume. You'll never guess what song he lip synced to!

Very nice venue, but very much in the middle of nowhere. During Tacky, Al was pretty much walking through the woods. The mic kept cutting out during that song (obviously having issues with the wireless being so far away from the receiver), but all problems were gone after that song. During Fat, Al was staring right at Dave before and during the pelvic thrusts. The first line or so of "First World Problems" was cut off, as someone forgot to bring Al's mic up on the board. Foil was as perfect as it will ever be (everybody was perfectly on pitch). I should say that overall, this was the best I have seen Al perform vocally in my 7 shows experience. Anyway, got drenched in SLN, but he didn't throw the cup afterwards. Medley was very well done, and I was the "dumbest newbie" Al's ever seen during Pentiums. I love that Jim now takes most of the lead during the Handy chorus, rather than let the backing tracks do ALL the work. The ending of WBUL was one of the strongest I've seen him do this entire tour. Same for the ending of Like a Surgeon! During Word Crimes, Al stared directly at me while singing "Like I could care less. That means you do care. At least a little". Funny, because that's my favorite line of the whole song. One thing I noticed was different during the whole James Brown routine at the end of Amish Paradise was whenever he and Hawkeye were walking away, the lights were flashing rainbow. Just something that was different from last leg of the tour at least. During Ruben's moment with the crowd (getting one side to cheer, then the other), he went to the same side two times in a row, and laughed at the lighting guy in the booth, because he put up the other sides lights before correcting himself. Tonight was the only time I have seen the Saga Begins without Storm Troopers. Overall, an amazing show put on by Al and the guys.

After the show, we stayed in our seats, and there was some guy screaming from around the fence, just being loud in general. When the "master of propoganda" was trying to give us instructions, the loud guy was still shouting at us, so he got security to throw the group out. The wife didn't seem too happy about it. We were led back to a "secret room", and we waited for about 30 minutes before Al came in. I was near the front of the line, so I got up there really quick. I was wearing my "Tacky Outfit", which consisted of the Loudmouth Golf pants that he wears, and one of the 6 rotating shirts for this tour. I had bought a "Stupid Guest Pass" from the merch table, and got that signed. Both the Master of Propaganda and Al were very amused with my purchase. After our picture, Al looked over at me and said, "Good job finding those pants. They're long out of print now". I told him I had found a site that sold them, and that I was also wearing one of the six shirts, to which he replied "Tonight wasn't the night?". Nope, he wasn't wearing the same shirt. I thanked him for an amazing show, saying "Seven shows in, and it's still incredible". As I was walking away, I looked down at my camera, and my stomach dropped a bit. The picture was blurry. I went back sheepishly, asking the person who took the picture if I could try again, to which he responded "Absolutely". I got another picture, and it turned out perfect. Thank you CID Entertainment!!!

haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Yeah, i was kinda worried when Al's mic kept cutting out during Tacky. We sat near the back as CZAR or VIP tickets were cost prohibitive for a family of 6. Hopefully next time we can get closer. Had a great time nonetheless and got LOTS of really great pictures thanks to my wife's great camera. Sorta missed seeing the storm troopers. I was looking forward to that...
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

What a wonderful picture that is! Plus, you got to be backstage with Al and have him give you one of those POWERFUL hugs! I know this had to be the best night of your life!!!
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!