9/24/2016 Radio City Music Hall

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankopunk
Addicted

Re: 9/24/2016 Radio City Music Hall

Post by Yankopunk »

Muppetboy09 wrote: As much as I would love that, I think we would have known by now. For the Alpocalypse Tour, we found out many months before the show(s) that it would be taped, so yeah... ;(
Well, whenever they record a new special for home video, I hope they at least improve the audio (although it might've been done this way since it was mainly made to air on Comedy Central). It was disappointing to get a lossy, low-bitrate stereo track on the Blu-Ray and DVD. I mean, it's a concert! They could've at least given us a 5.1 track, although a 5.1 lossless track would be ideal. Heck, stereo lossless would've been better than what we got!

Sorry for that little rant. When it comes to film / video-making and stuff like that, I get technical and nerd out. :lol:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

This show will not be filmed, recorded, and Al will not rush over to 30 Rock afterwards to do a non-existent episode of SNL.

Back to reality? :magic:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Aw, but it's more fun to imagine stuff that will never, ever happen!

Like... I heard from this dude's wife's cousin that used to be the janitor at Radio City 10 years ago... that Al is going to have Santa Claus and the Rockettes there... and then after the show he's taking the entire audience for milk and cookies! Yep, just like Andy Kaufman! But that's not all! He's then throwing a big party with polka, pizza, piñatas, punch, pumpkin pie, ponies, pogo sticks, potatoes, pasta, peaches, plums, pears, peacocks, pigs, pom-poms, popcorn, pancakes, and Pepsi! That party will be so full of P!

:lol:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

yankochick38 wrote:This show will not be filmed, recorded, and Al will not rush over to 30 Rock afterwards to do a non-existent episode of SNL.

Back to reality? :magic:
But our alternative for Al, Meird Bal Jankovich, will be heading on SNL! That guy's a winner and always goes down well with the crowds! Even better - he's doing it after his gig in Radio City, which will be recorded then released on DVD format under the title "Meird Bal Jankovich: The Sandatory Wan Live Tour Live At Radio City Music Hall". He did another two at the Hollywood Bowl which have also been recorded and will be released with the Radio City concert. Bal will be interviewed on this subject. How cool is that, guys?
Shhh, I leaked that. Don't telly anybody!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Got the email saying the email with the VIP party information will show up in a few days!! Getting exciting!!!! :D :accordion:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I wonder if there's a possibility they'll be doing something special for this VIP party. Not just because it's Alicia's birthday, of course, but because it's the final show of the tour. Let us know if there's anything out of the ordinary mentioned in the e-mail.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yankopunk wrote:Not just because it's Alicia's birthday, of course
Why NOT just because it's Alicia's birthday... :sly:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

That just makes me think how epic it would be to see this on the marquee:

ALICIA'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!
Also... "Weird Al" Yankovic in concert

:accordion:
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

In other words that are slightly relevant, Jeff Lynne's ELO preformed here a while ago.

With him AND Al being there in the space of one week, I'm sure, I wish I was in New York to witness it all! Unfortunately I'm just a poor little young Scot with no money, and by the time I'm grown I'm sure the two of them will be dead! Sheesh... you guys have an easy time on it!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Heds wrote:by the time I'm grown I'm sure the two of them will be dead!
First, you'll be an adult in less than a decade. Not that far away.

Second: dude! Dont even think about that! It's depressing. :(