9/24/2016 Radio City Music Hall

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Diva
Addicted

Re: 9/24/2016 Radio City Music Hall

Post by Diva »

TMBJon wrote:Yes, Al is going to pull a Phil Collins. Immediately after playing this show, he will board the Concorde jet and play a second show at Wembley Stadium in London.
Which is about as likely as the Concorde ever being resurrected.

Cheers, Diva
Who had been hoping to go to a Colbert taping on Friday or Monday, but the tickets look scarce
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Damn. I was holding out hope that I might still make it to this show but the VIP tickets are already sold out, and regular is not worth the trip.

It's.... more devastating than I thought it would be. ;(
Love and peace.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Sappho wrote:Damn. I was holding out hope that I might still make it to this show but the VIP tickets are already sold out, and regular is not worth the trip.

It's.... more devastating than I thought it would be. ;(
Meh, I wasn't going to make it anyways.
I'll wait, because Al will probably tour again in a few years - and with that will come a larger tour.

Because guys, look, here's something I made:

UK AND IRELAND SHOWS - 2011/2015

London

London
Birmingham
Glasgow ( :( )
Dublin
Belfast

Unsure if I'm wrong with 2011 (little Al fan me feels there was a show in Dublin, but if somebody could clear up that would be good) but yep, when you think about it, Al's tours are growing larger than we thought...
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

You're right, Heds. Based on that logic, Al will be playing 25 European cities for his next tour! And the tour after that, he'll play 125 European cities!!! Wow, awesome!!
Either that, or you can't extrapolate a pattern from only two data points... :think:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

TMBJon wrote:You're right, Heds. Based on that logic, Al will be playing 25 European cities for his next tour! And the tour after that, he'll play 125 European cities!!! Wow, awesome!!
Either that, or you can't extrapolate a pattern from only two data points... :think:
I know you're joking - but right guys, we need to name 125 European cities for Al to play at.
Why? Because we must :ttr:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YamiJess27
Obsessed

Post by YamiJess27 »

I'm super excited to go to this show! I haven't seen Al live since 2004, and my kids have never seen him!! :D
sportsfrk214

Post by sportsfrk214 »

Hey everyone! I'm new to this board and joined specifically to make this post. I apologize in advance if this post is inappropriate for this forum - I read the forum rules and stickys and couldn't find anything prohibiting it.

Basically, I have 2 VIP experience tickets to this show that I am trying to sell and I was wondering if anyone was interested in them. I am charging face value, meaning you'd pay the same exact price I paid Ticketmaster (+ $1 for postage). I was hoping to see Al for the first time, but I ended up planning a vacation while the concert is happening so I won't be able to make it. I'm not looking to make any money. All I'm looking to do is get the tickets in the hands of a fan at no upcharge. I can tell you that people on StubHub would be charging a lot more for these.

As I said these are VIP experience tickets. It is not the Czar experience, its the other (cheaper) VIP experience. The seats are awesome! They're Orchestra 3, Row FF - that's only 6 rows from the stage. If anyone is interested in these please PM me, these tickets are a bit of a cloud over my head because I paid a decent price for them and now they're useless to me. Thanks!

EDIT: No longer available, thanks!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Hey everyone I've been kind of on a WOWAY hiatus recently due to this interim math class I'm taking and work but well, I got distracted and was watching some clips of Hamilton on Youtube because they were in the "related videos" of the Sims Soundtrack video I was on because I was trying to find a specific Sims song for studying (still haven't found it) and I don't think Hamilton has anything to do with the Sims soundtrack but I do watch a lot of Hamilton things on Youtube and well anyway I ended up at the Tony awards opening numbers with one from this year put on by James Corden Bandleader Thief as well as the cast of Hamilton (IS THAT WHY) but then ALSO I noticed in the comments someone said something about Neil Patrick Harris so I was like WHAT YES and they mentioned that Lin-Manuel Miranda WROTE the opening for the most recent Tonys NPH hosted???? This apparently is not the first time they've worked together either????????? Ohmygod I'm still geeking out about this I LOVE THEM (also that BOOK OF MORMON PART and they're like "no tickets available until 2015" and then HAMILTON BECAME BOOK OF MORMON ohmygod I love theatre and also Lin partners so well with all my favs he's like a Super Fav)

but ANYWAY all this to say that I realized that the Tonys are (usually) at Radio City Music Hall???? And I'm sure that there's no earthy reason for Al to do a parody of a Tony Awards opening number co-written by Lin-Manuel Miranda and co-hosted by Neil Patrick Harris but my brain likes to jump to very exciting conclusions no mater how unrealistic they may be. I mean, if he plays with the orchestra at Hollywood Bowl, why not have a crazy opening number at Radio City????? Didn't Lin and Al wanna write something together someday anyway? :magic: Not sure where NPH factors in other than to be singing about the amazing Weird Al concert that's about to happen like it's the Tonys but wouldn't this be so friggin sweet (oR maybe it's like NPH is the host singing about Al and then there's ALL THESE PEOPLE AND IT'S A GLORIOUS FINALE TO THE MANDATORY FUN WORLD TOUR)

Al will probably just hide Lin to himself backstage after the show anyway and none of this will happen :rolleyes:

ALSO when watching the 2013 Tonys opening I was able to see where my spot would be about for this concert which is RIDICULOUS THAT THIS IS A THING YOU GUYS BUt I bought a czar ticket where it's in like that enclosed pit there in the second row left (stage right) aisle seat???? And that row looks like it's taken out in the video for the cameras but there are stairs??? Into the pit??? Excuse me but you're not telling me that's the only way into the pit are you because if I have to walk on that stage just to get to my seat I will EXPLOOOOODE WITH EMOTIONS and suddenly become Neil Patrick Harris and no one wants to see that

But he's GOTTA work that catwalk thing somehow
or WAIT is that catwalk thing even always there what if the pit is a LIE or am i getting theaters confused now

I'm very excited about my birthday show. I'll try to ignore the unrealistic expectations I suddenly set for myself and just treat this like a normal Al show. :accordion:

but OHMYGOD WHAT IF IT'S THE TONYS
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

Tix in the mail!

See y'all in a few weeks :onfire:
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Are tickets supposed to come in the mail for Czars? It's been a whiiiiiiiiile since I've paid for tickets that were delivered right to me. I'm pretty sure you pick up all the Czar stuff at the venue, but will the tickets be in the mail or at the box office? I could probably look this up. :up:

ALSO, very important!!!

If you are in need of a PARTY HAT for this spectacular birthday/last show extravaganza, you can find them HERE! I also have one extra hat for someone. Claim yours now to let everyone know you're with ME. :#

...if you wanna. :lookaround:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia