1/10/16 Busselton, Western Australia SOUTHBOUND FESTIVAL

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

1/10/16 Busselton, Western Australia SOUTHBOUND FESTIVAL

Post by yankochick38 »

SOUTHBOUND FESTIVAL
BUSSELTON, WESTERN AUSTRALIA, AUSTRALIA

http://southboundfestival.com.au/

VIP not available.

ETA: Cancelled due to fire concerns
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
i_love_yankovic
Obsessed

Re: 1/10/16 Busselton, Western Australia SOUTHBOUND FESTIVAL

Post by i_love_yankovic »

Any other WOWAYers headed to this one? :)

Many mixed feelings about this show - on one hand, Southbound is my favourite Australian music festival so I'm pretty stoked he's going to be there (and playing directly after my other favourite band there!), but also a little sad that Perth/WA isn't getting a full length concert. Not Al's fault, I know. I'm very surprised promoters didn't go for it though, I'm positive it would have sold out. I would have loved to have just once tried the whole Czar experience. I meditated deeply about flying out to another show in Aus, but I couldn't justify the cost of 2x Czar tickets, airfare, car hire, and accommodation.

Ah, well :) VERY keen for this show! Wondering what his festival set list might look like. He get an hour - wonder what he'll keep/scrap?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Most likely a lot if he only has an hour. You'll lose Tacky most likely, the new originals, The Saga Begins, Wanna B Ur Lovr, maybe Dare To Be Stupid if it's just one hour and maybe the acoustic medley though they love to do that so much they may just squeeze that in, actually they probably would because they have to do Eat It in some form.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

It wouldn't be the same without Tacky!
(and I would love to add this Aussie Tacky to my Tacky-playlist)
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

He usually only doesn't do Tacky if there is no way to come through the crowd to the stage properly but with only an hour set, he'll have to take more out. At the Bluesfest in Ottawa last summer they had an hour and a half and cut Saga, Tacky, Lovr and the new originals.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
i_love_yankovic
Obsessed

Hmm, yeah I figured we'd lose the crowd interact-y ones like WBUL and Tacky. Shame because those are two of my favourites! But festivals don't really lend themselves to that kind of thing.

I almost expect a more "greatest hits" show than a Mandatory Fun show but I'd be very glad to be wrong about that :)
i_love_yankovic
Obsessed

Cancelled :( Frustrating as a ticket holder but really I can't complain. It is really bad down there at the moment and I think the organisers have done the right thing. Thoughts with everyone in the emergency area.

URGENT: SOUTHBOUND 2016 CANCELLED

It is with great regret that we have to announce the cancellation of Southbound 2016, due to the fire situation in the festivals surrounding areas. After ongoing communications and information provided from the West Australian Police, Main Roads Department and the Department of Fire and Emergency Services, we have no option but to cancel this year’s event. We cannot compromise patron safety and proceed knowing people’s lives are at risk getting to the event.

The only alternate route given both main highways are closed is now compromised. The alternative access to the event communicated earlier today is now only open for essential travel. As of news recently to hand festival patrons are now not able to use this road leaving us with no access to the festival site.

First and foremost our thoughts are with our local community of the South West, in what has been a challenging day, with more challenges to come. We give all our love and support to our local family in this intense time of stress.

The fire, which started Wednesday afternoon and reached emergency status during the night and into Thursday morning, has left us with no time to relocate prior to gates opening tomorrow.

“Everyone on site is absolutely devastated as we were working so hard to bring the best Southbound yet. Please understand at this time we will be extremely busy dealing with the cancellation and our thoughts are with those in danger due to the nearby fire.” David Chitty, Director.

Information regarding ticket refunds will be released on Wednesday 13th January. Please rest assured Southbound patrons will receive a full refund on tickets purchased via official channels. Please sit tight at this time until further information is made available on Wednesday.

For a full list of road closures, visit mainroads.wa.gov.au and to keep updated with all alerts and warnings, visit http://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/alerts/Pages/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Heds
Obsessed

Bad Australian Tour

Post by Heds »

Al's having a bad Aussie tour so far ;( I feel so sorry for him.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Shows that aren't cancelled seem pretty good though.