1/3/16 Melbourne, Australia PALAIS THEATRE

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

1/3/16 Melbourne, Australia PALAIS THEATRE

Post by yankochick38 »

PALAIS THEATRE
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

Presale and VIP info
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
supafly
Occasional

Re: 1/3/16 Melbourne, Australia PALAIS THEATRE

Post by supafly »

Bummed that Al isn't doing a Brisbane/ Gold Coast/ QLD show this tour.....I've just blown $800 for my brother and I to fly to Melbourne and see the show. My brother has never seen Al (significant age gap between us both..), so it will be a good weekend away.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh it'll be wicked! Flights can be quite fun if you don't mind air travel and when it's to see one of your favorite bands, it's more than worth the cost in the end. Unless you get brutally ill or die in a plane crash, but I bet you'll be just fine.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

If you saw a fat guy in a Miami vice shirt that was probably me.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I feel like I should do a more in depth thing now that it's been a week and I have nothing better to do at 4am.

So, uhhhhh, I live in Sydney, right? I saw the stuff months ago and between moving into my own flat and a broken foot and all sorts of nonsense in the last couple of months, it sort of fell by the wayside. Then I get an email saying cheaper tickets and I suddenly remember that I haven't been to an Al concert in, oh, 9 years and I havent had the opportunity in 5. But I'm scheduled for work. And I'm trying and failing to get someone to cover my shift and I can't, but I do have the Sunday and Monday off, plus working late on Tuesday. Can I do it? I dunno man. Um, er, uh, um, oh bugger it, I'll give it a go. So I missed out on seeing Grom which bites, but hey, spontaneous trip to Melbourne, cool.

I was right up the back on the balcony, which isn't that surprising considering how late I got the tickets, but the section I was in was... dead. The guy next to me didn't seem that into Al considering he kept saying Yankovich and his general disinterest and the two blokes on the other side of me up and bloody left after the opening act. The stand up was... okay, I guess. His material was pretty all over the place and he had that annoying quirk of being convinced of his own hilarity so you'd get a lot of snickering before he'd say his punchline. I mean, some of it was funny but not enough for me to want to know more about him.

Show itself, now that was amazing. I am so psyched he played DTBS. That was so good to see live, as was the acoustic medley and finally being able to experience Cell Phones live. You've all either seen the shows yourself or read other people's reviews and from what I can gather, there's not much variation between concerts. I wasn't expecting Party In The CIA and especially Inactive on the playlists. Inactive's pretty widely considered the worst on the album, isn't it? It does lead perfectly into Ebay though, so that's rad. Little bit disappointed that Perform This Way wasn't the peacock, but some variation of the Taj Mahal Octopus outfit, but I'm assuming that's easier to travel with, or just new for this tour. Oh, yeah, and people went WILD for the "I hate fourteen" joke from the Celine Dion interview. One of the biggest laughs of the night, honestly.

I didn't bother sticking around to try and meet Al, because I didn't have a VIP pass and I honestly couldn't be bothered. I hadn't eaten all day so I just went to Macca's and the line for that was almost as bad as the merch stand line. I didn't get to eat until bloody 11:30, man.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.