8/28/15 Del Mar, CA Del Mar Race Track

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

8/28/15 Del Mar, CA Del Mar Race Track

Post by TMBJon »

Okay, the final show of the 2015 North American tour has been added.
Free with race track admission! Six bucks, and no VIP options! A show for the common man!

Anyone going to this? I'm thinkin' about it...
Intrigued by the race track angle here. I once saw New Found Glory at Santa Anita Park. They were on the infield of the track, and they had to stop every 3-4 songs when a race happened around them. It was very odd (not that enjoyable). Is there going to be live racing during the show? :blink: I assume that's not what's going on. Especially if the show starts at the typical 8pm or so. But if not, why else would you be buying admission to the track? Lots of questions!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Re: 8/28/15 Del Mar, CA Del Mar Race Track

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

I guess if you go to the race track earlier in the day, you can stay for the concert for no extra charge. If you don't show up until concert time, you still pay the same price as race track admission even if there are no more races.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

We went to a racetrack concert last tour on Washington PA, and I don't recall any races happening at the same time
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
alsfan

Post by alsfan »

I'm going! After the last race you have to pay 20 dollars to get in. I have never been to a horse race before so I am getting there early enough to watch a few races. My friend who's taking me says there is a place you go to watch the jockey's walk the horses out and he say that's a neat experience. I love horses so I'm there. I am thinking though of coming in a concert outfit or tin foil hat and/or tacky outfit not sure how that will work out in that Venue? They said if you arrive after the "last race" you have to pay more, so I am pretty sure the concert will be AFTER the races. I am very excited! I HONESTLY didn't think I'd be able to make a show AT ALL this year- so this is a huge surprise for me as it really works out well for me as well for my friend who's driving me.
I am severely learning disabled, This tends to trigger a bullying instinct. Please resist the urge to point out spelling grammar errors or twist my words so you can look good/smart/witty to other people. Be kind.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Any idea when the last race's post time would be?
alsfan

Post by alsfan »

Good Question.

My friend told me the first race starts at four, and there are only 7 races that day(which is a short race day) and that he estimates it will take about 3 hours to do 7 races-which would make the last race around 7pm. Hes going to call them within a few days anyway, so I'll have him find out for sure. We are also trying to find out if we can bring in our own food or at least drinks.

There is absolutely no reserved seating for the concert EVEN THOUGH they will book reserved seating for the races, however you would assume those with reserved seating would just keep the seats, though if you move you lose. Seating is first come first serve.

Though I'd like the experience(just to do it once) I am actually really against horse racing and believe it's animal abuse.I guess I am going to be horrified (and see pretty horses) Anyone who refuses to support it by waiting and paying concert prices is cool by me.
alsfan

Post by alsfan »

Hi

If anyone else is going please post here. Otherwise I will be the one reviewing this concert since I wish to contribute to the board before returning to lurk land-- from where I came. Even if nobody reads it.

Ok I found out that it's impossible to know the exact race schedule till a few days before the show. You find the schedule here

https://www.dmtc.com/racing/programs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd get there at least by 7. But like I said you can visit the website a few days before to make sure.

Is anyone else going and planning to review this concert? Because normally I wouldn't do it but if NOBODY ELSE is going then I will do it in order to contribute to this forum before I go back to lurk land from where I came.
I am severely learning disabled, This tends to trigger a bullying instinct. Please resist the urge to point out spelling grammar errors or twist my words so you can look good/smart/witty to other people. Be kind.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I am not attending the show though I WILL be writing a review in full. So seriously don't bother because my review will blow your review out of the water and make you wish you had never even thought of the silly idea. I was only kidding, go ahead, I look forward to it, this show looks pretty cool indeed, I wish I lived in California damn it!! I think TMBJon will probably be doing a review though, he did say he is attending.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

alsfan, I plan to attend this show but I think you should review it anyway!!! No reason multiple people can't post about what they thought of the show!
alsfan

Post by alsfan »

TMBJon wrote:alsfan, I plan to attend this show but I think you should review it anyway!!! No reason multiple people can't post about what they thought of the show!
Thanks for letting me know. I know you will be posting the review. Thanks for the encouragement but It wouldn't be as needed.I will look at yours and if I have something different to add maybe I will. I am enjoying reading the reviews from other concerts.They look like a blast. I am wondering what he is going to do for the Tacky entrance at the racetrack because I think the stage is isolated and on the field so he wouldn't be able to call anyone up on stage either.

Edit has anyone thought of taping his Tacky entrance? I could do that and put it on YouTube. Maybe there are some there already. What would stop me.

I am also wondering where the stage is going to be relative to the audience. It doesn't sound like anyone is going to be sitting right up on him because the stage is in field and the seats are back. I don't know for sure though. I am just trying to picture it. But I have no clue.

Can anyone describe it? I have never been to a racetrack before and my friend has never seen a concert put on in one
Last edited by alsfan on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.