7/28/15 Red Bank, NJ Count Basie Theatre

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: 7/28/15 Red Bank, NJ Count Basie Theatre

Post by minnick27 »

Heds wrote:
YankoSwag 8888 wrote: That was the Marin Center in San Rafael for the TWS DVD
No. I am referring to the US edition of The Weird Al Music Video Collection, a special that was filmed in Red Bank and produced by VH1 in 1999 - not the TWS DVD. Please do your research before you answer me back so irrelevantly.
They weren't being irreverent. He stated something that he believed was a fact. Not many people know about the VH1 special. If anything your reply was rude, not his

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
tomatochives wrote:Ah memories....

Did anyone take photos/video of when the mic got accidentally knocked over during the medley?
I FOUND IT!!! Please, mods, don't take this down. This is a gem...

Youtube
I, for the record, am OPPOSED...to the orientation of this video! :x:

I can't believe I almost forgot this happened. Now this will live on forever! :D
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

Hawkeye knocked over the mic stand in Hampton Beach 3 years ago after bringing the stool out for TSB and I DIED laughing. He came back up and fixed it though
conk or bepis
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

In Biloxi, this past July, when they put Al's tool belt on for " Handy," it immediately fell off and hit the floor! Al and the guys never missed a beat; they went on as if nothing had happened. They are so good about taking things in stride! I've seen musicians make a mistake and storm off stage in the middle of a set!
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

catladyleeann wrote:In Biloxi, this past July, when they put Al's tool belt on for " Handy," it immediately fell off and hit the floor! Al and the guys never missed a beat; they went on as if nothing had happened. They are so good about taking things in stride! I've seen musicians make a mistake and storm off stage in the middle of a set!
Something happened at the show I attended. It was absolutely unexpected and wasn't supposed to happen. Al and the band didn't miss a beat. They are true professionals and you can tell they just want to put on the best show every time and make sure everyone goes home happy! :)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Yankopunk wrote:Something happened at the show I attended. It was absolutely unexpected and wasn't supposed to happen. Al and the band didn't miss a beat. They are true professionals and you can tell they just want to put on the best show every time and make sure everyone goes home happy! :)
Well now I'm curious. :lol:

I think Al and the band have probably seen it all by now when it comes to stuff going wrong. Having performed live thousands of times, I'm sure there's very little that would still actually faze them.
Love and peace.
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

Yeah!! tell us haha
conk or bepis
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

They forgot to bring Als stool out for TSB in rehoboth 6 years ago so Al just sat criss cross applesauce on the floor

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

that's the best
conk or bepis
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

That must've been quite the sight! :)

As for what happened that I saw, I know it might seem stupid or paranoid, and I'm pretty sure nobody here attended the same show (I don't remember seeing any of you there and I haven't seen the incident mentioned on here), but I know I'm here among the greatest and most knowledgeable Al fans on the planet, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone guessed the show correctly if I said what happened.

It may not make sense, especially given what I've shared about myself and all I've been through, but I still feel secretive right now. I mean, it's intimidating being among so many good-looking, utterly amazing people here (I am not being sarcastic in the slightest)! You guys and girls are awesome! Hopefully, if I'm still around come the next tour (or if there's another big fan convention or meet up, or Al makes an appearance near me), I'll be more confident and be able to meet some of you and thank you for being so awesome and kind to me. We shall see. :)

Again, sorry for being so strange.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!