Mandatory Tour Chatter

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Mandatory Tour Chatter

Post by Elvis »

When he does the bus signing thing, it's usually limited to one item and one picture per person.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Elvis wrote:When he does the bus signing thing, it's usually limited to one item and one picture per person.
I bet most of those pictures end up blurry. If I was faced with such a pressure as to take a picture with Al at first try, my hands would be shaking so badly I'd probably drop and break my phone before I can even open a camera app :wacko:
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

mellow weasel wrote:
Elvis wrote:When he does the bus signing thing, it's usually limited to one item and one picture per person.
I bet most of those pictures end up blurry. If I was faced with such a pressure as to take a picture with Al at first try, my hands would be shaking so badly I'd probably drop and break my phone before I can even open a camera app :wacko:
Usually a security guard (or a friend who's with you) will take the picture, as far as my experiences have gone
conk or bepis
27thpilgrim

Post by 27thpilgrim »

Yankomaniac wrote:So you like want to get all his albums signed twice? They only got 14 albums silly. Total up all official releases and theres like 20 or so releases. If you get a greet by the bus then you'll be lined up and most likely told like an autograph and a picture or question, though it would all depend on the circumstances surrounding that time. Al would never put a limit on how much he would sign but common sense and courtesy would suggest not bringing more than you can carry in one hand to get signed. If it's by the bus then they would be getting ready to leave so he obviously wouldn't wanna sign more than like two things for each person considering everybody wants to say something and get a picture....time consuming affair. (posted at the same time as the above post)
Haha. I'm actually including the 14 albums plus all the singles on separate CDs like "The Saga Begins", "White and Nerdy", etc. Plus "Peter and the Wolf" and "Babalu Music". It's hard to choose what I would have him sign.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Someone uploaded a video with a portion of Tacky!!! Sounds a lot better than on Conan!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Re: Spoilers: Mandatory World Tour Setlist

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Spoiler: He lip syncs the falsetto parts in Tacky :P To be honest, I really don't see why he felt the need to do that. It sounded fine on Conan, but when you listen to the live version, you can clearly tell that the falsetto parts are from the studio track.
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

I've been crossing my fingers (& toes) since the tour was announced that there would be a concert DVD. If I don't make it to any shows this time around I'd love to at least see it in HD from the comfort of my home.
Concerts Attended: 1
September 19th, 2011 - Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO

Some people say I'm the one who got Al to be in an Epic Rap Battles of History.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I am not sure. I wasn't expecting Alpocalypse to get a live tour DVD, but it did. Mandatory Fun's success surely would warrant a concert DVD, but seeing as we JUST got one a couple years ago, I doubt there would be another one. (Keep in mind, the time between the release of the RWS Tour DVD and Alpocalypse was about 13 years)
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah its like a 50/50 chance. It has already been closer to 4 years since the Alpocalypse Tour DVD came out and this tour is completely different so they just may but the dates for the Toronto shows were announced as a DVD shoot before the official Alpocalypse Tour began but maybe they will do one near the end of the tour this time. I would love to see another one and this is the final "album" tour which is something special, as is the new order of the set so yeah, let's keep our fingers crossed.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Plus mandtory being number one.. it only seems fitting to have one... someone should ask al
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..