Mandatory Czar Experience

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Mandatory Czar Experience

Post by Elvis »

From what I see, Al sits at a table and has a stack of posters in front of him, which he personalizes and signs. When it's your turn, put the record on top of the stack of posters, or as close to in front of Al as you can get, and ask Al nicely, "Can you please sign this record for me instead of a poster?" I highly doubt Al will say no. Certainly Al doesn't care whether he signs a record or a poster. He signs records all the time, and it's the same amount of effort for him either way.

It's worth a try. The worst that can happen is the guy running the Mandatory Czar after show experience says no, but by that point the record is on the table in front of Al, so Al will probably just sign it anyway. Besides, I doubt the guy running the Mandatory Czar after show experience cares as long as you are only having one item signed and not holding up the line for others behind you.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

Hey Dave, I've got another question.. (sorry!)
When people say they have met Al on the bus, are they refering to the Mandatory Czar, or does he (sometimes) receive people even after the Meet & Greet?
Extended warranty? How can I lose?
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

I mean.. Does the Mandatory Czar take place on the bus, or in a room inside the venue?
Bozarth
Occasional

Post by Bozarth »

Czar is inside the venue, and you get a photo with him. Al usually meets the regular tickets holders by the bus. He sits on the bus steps, signs one item per person, and no posed photos with him.
6/8/15 - Lancaster, PA
7/31/15 - Philadelphia, PA - w/ M&G
8/30/16 - Wilmington, DE
10/30/16 - Washington DC - UHF Live Commentary by Al & Emo
3/16/18 - Atlantic City, NJ
3/18/18 - Lancaster, PA
7/12/19 - Philadelphia, PA w/ M&G
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

Bozarth wrote:Czar is inside the venue, and you get a photo with him. Al usually meets the regular tickets holders by the bus. He sits on the bus steps, signs one item per person, and no posed photos with him.
Thank you!
Bozarth
Occasional

Post by Bozarth »

No problem! He doesn't do it at EVERY show, but you seem to have a good chance of it happening as long as the weather is alright, his health is fine, his schedule permits, and Stanley has his mop
6/8/15 - Lancaster, PA
7/31/15 - Philadelphia, PA - w/ M&G
8/30/16 - Wilmington, DE
10/30/16 - Washington DC - UHF Live Commentary by Al & Emo
3/16/18 - Atlantic City, NJ
3/18/18 - Lancaster, PA
7/12/19 - Philadelphia, PA w/ M&G
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

Tonight in Newark, the guy who was organizing everyone into the line to see Al after the show made it VERY clear, over and over, that you could only have the poster signed. Someone asked about having a different item signed instead and was told no, and the entire group of us were told again that ONLY the poster would be signed. I have no idea if the guy who wanted another item signed attempted to get it signed instead or not.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

They're a bunch of rascally sticklers but there are certainly ways. They really should just say any one item you choose to get signed and give you the poster with your other stuff. The marker just glides across the nice poster so smoothly and it's a good size so he'd rather do that but the idea of paying for a meet and then not just putting one item signed as part of the deal will always be a lame concept. Considering the rest of the deal is pretty cool it seems like the only lame part at all which is great but they should just instead tell people one item and not just the poster, that's silly.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Nessie wrote:Tonight in Newark, the guy who was organizing everyone into the line to see Al after the show made it VERY clear, over and over, that you could only have the poster signed. Someone asked about having a different item signed instead and was told no, and the entire group of us were told again that ONLY the poster would be signed. I have no idea if the guy who wanted another item signed attempted to get it signed instead or not.
I knew I was gonna get home at people were gonna be talking about me on here :P:P

I feel like an ass... Here's what happened.

So, he said that, and I was upset, mainly because, I'm sorry, I paid $260 and I just want to get this record signed (That I paid $30 for JUST to have him sign it), meanwhile my neice and nephews were standing out by the bus, about to get anything they want signed. (And they did.) He kept looking at me trying to get me to 'happily repeat' "Only the poster gets signed", and finally, I mildly snapped. I usually don't, and I felt really bad afterwords, and as I was saying the words, I was thinking, 'these words are leaving my lips more confrontational that I am intending...' But I was saying, "I understand, but I don't have to be happy about it."

To my surprise, when I got up there, I was close to the end of the line, and the guy came up to me and told me I could get it signed, just to lay it on the table, and he would. Well...

When I met Al...

My mind went BLANK. I forgot the question I wanted to ask him, (I asked him the stupidest question >.> ) I forgot what I wanted to sign the poster with... let alone the fact that I was allowed to get the record signed! I even almost forgot about the picture!!! D:

So after all that, I went to the VIP guy and apologized and said I felt bad, because my mind went blank and I didn't even get the record signed... so the guy who was a tight ass two mins ago.... takes the record from me and takes it back to Al and he signs it D:

So I really felt like an ass that I made a small scene (Not in front of Al though, I never would have done that.) And I walked away with two things signed!!!

I gotta sleep soon, but I'll give a full review tomorrow in the Midland Theatre thread!

(Please don't hate me guys D: )
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

I don't hate you. I sort of felt like the guy who made us repeat "the poster!" when talking about what we could have signed was on a bit of a power trip. I can see putting a limit on the number of items a person can get signed, but don't see the big deal if someone would rather have Al sign something other than the poster.