Mandatory Czar Experience

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

GJustisLaw

Re: Mandatory Czar Experience

Post by GJustisLaw »

If you don't care for the revolutionary politics, just think of it as a send-up of WILDLY overused pop-propaganda imagery. That is, after all, sorta the theme here. ;)
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

RunningWithScissors wrote:So I feel like this is a stupid question, but I want to clarify in advance.

There are tables of food, and a cash bar.

I assume that if we want ANYTHING to drink we have to buy it at the bar? Or are there non alcoholic beverages included?
Anyone?
GJustisLaw

Post by GJustisLaw »

At Soaring Eagle - on paper, at least - all of the beverages were from the cash bar...in other words, yup, you pay for that bottle of water. However, the server brought me water in a cup and a cranberry juice for my wife while we were eating, and reassured us that they were both free.

So, my best answer is this: it depends on the venue, and in some cases, on who's doing the serving. If you want to play it safe, assume that you'll be paying for any and all drinkables.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

GJustisLaw wrote:At Soaring Eagle - on paper, at least - all of the beverages were from the cash bar...in other words, yup, you pay for that bottle of water. However, the server brought me water in a cup and a cranberry juice for my wife while we were eating, and reassured us that they were both free.

So, my best answer is this: it depends on the venue, and in some cases, on who's doing the serving. If you want to play it safe, assume that you'll be paying for any and all drinkables.
Thanks!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

FreedomHaul wrote:So weird that he's channelling Che Guevara though...
Why is that weird? The image is part of pop culture.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Never mind "Weird Mao" Yankovic or anything like that!
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

RunningWithScissors wrote:
RunningWithScissors wrote:So I feel like this is a stupid question, but I want to clarify in advance.

There are tables of food, and a cash bar.

I assume that if we want ANYTHING to drink we have to buy it at the bar? Or are there non alcoholic beverages included?
Anyone?
At Foxwoods all beverages were cash only. I don't drink and I inquired about a soda, but ultimately decided not to waste $5 on a warm Pepsi poured into a plastic cup full of ice. Food is also variable, some people have reported actual food being available, Foxwoods had a table of snacks (chips and pretzels) you could take, and they brought around some appetizers, chicken wings, wrapped hot dogs, and potato skins, but it wasn't exactly what I'd call a meal or anything, so if you have health issues that require you to eat, or are just a glutton in general like I am, it's advisable to eat before the party.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Or leave after you receive your stuff, have dinner elsewhere. Then go back for the show.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

spmahn wrote:Food is also variable, some people have reported actual food being available, Foxwoods had a table of snacks (chips and pretzels) you could take, and they brought around some appetizers, chicken wings, wrapped hot dogs, and potato skins, but it wasn't exactly what I'd call a meal or anything, so if you have health issues that require you to eat, or are just a glutton in general like I am, it's advisable to eat before the party.
You made me google potato skins, because I thought it meant this :lol: :
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Yep, and I'm sure they also provided apple cores and onion peels. What a veritable smorgasbord of delights! :P