Spoilers: Mandatory World Tour Setlist

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Spoilers: Mandatory World Tour Setlist

Post by minnick27 »

The last 2 tours were longer, but before that they were shorter. Up through Poodle Hat he had an opening act which ate into his time
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

So I just watched a video of Word Crimes. Al didn't sound that bad but that's not what caught my eye. Did anyone else notice that along with the striped suit he wears a whistle around his neck?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

minnick27 wrote:So I just watched a video of Word Crimes. Al didn't sound that bad but that's not what caught my eye. Did anyone else notice that along with the striped suit he wears a whistle around his neck?
Yes, I noticed this too. However, this is part of the same Robin Thicke outfit that Al wears for the song:

Sort of reminds me of when Al used to wear a Band-Aid on his cheek to match Nelly.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I didn't know he wore a whistle too. I thought Al was making a joke that he looked like a referee
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

ive been to 4 of the 5 shows in las vegas and lets just say the set list is A LOT DIFFERENT than previous tours. i wont spoil it as i know lots of people havent gone to the show yet. ill be going to 5 shows in the next 10 days including in foxwoods both shows, lancaster pa, baltimore md, and bethleham pa. then a break but then about 5 or 6 more shows in july and august from albany ny , port chester ny, philly pa, and my favorite morristown nj!

see you all there. by the way for those who have to see the set list someone publishes it on the web site setlist.fm BUT DONT GO THERE if you want to be surprised.
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

losing pitch happened to billy joel bruce springsteen and mike love of the beach boys. even the great paul mccartney lost some of his voice, it happens to the best of them. i noticed the pitch being lower too on some of his songs too. HES AL AND FANS SHOULD LOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT! its called aging. we all go thru it.
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

springsteen used to give 4 hour shows but now is barely 2 hours. yes the tickets cost a lot of money and with the new meet & greet party packages its even more money. rather than complain im appreciative that al is willing to meet fans this way since he doesnt always meet after every show for free. the man is a legend in my eyes and aging is probably part of the reason hes playing shorter shows. its not fun seeing people age but hey it happens to all of us.
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

Oh I'm not complaining, I just really like studying the voice and Al's voice is one thats always fascinated me. Al's voice has had one of the most amazing progressions and changes thru-out his career that has been heard to my ears. He started from shouting everything in his tours from 1983 to getting some less-rough singing in his later 80s tours, then by the 90s not only was his vocal range incredibly impressive but his voice was really smooth and had a wide-range of song style abilities! I'm impressed and love studying.

I was correct about some of the 'Tacky' falsetto bits being cut in from the studio take, don't know if this has been done from the start, but I watched a recent video and it certainly seems to be the case, hey whatever saves his voice and helps him give the best dang show he can give, which he always has ;)
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

They have really fixed up Foil. It sounds really nice now, and I pointed out that Tacky bit a while ago. They have been doing it the entire run so far
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

So in this video from Governor's Ball it sounds to me they already made significant progress in "Foil" performance :good: