PRESALE INFO/CHAT 1/27

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

PRESALE INFO/CHAT 1/27

Post by yankochick38 »

Not sure if this is a widely known thing or not - I didn't know until I saw people talking about it on the CPFOA Facebook group.

On the tour page, there is a "Members" section - you need to sign up for that if you want to buy Presale Tickets! It takes 15 seconds.

People also said you need to sign up for Crowdsurge, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I signed up anyway just in case. The Members section seems to be powered by Crowdsurge, so maybe that's what they meant. Both are free to sign up for, so it doesn't hurt I guess.

When you sign up for the Members section on weirdal.com, you get a message that says:
You’ve been entered for a chance to win an exclusive signed Vinyl LP of "Mandatory Fun!" You’ll also receive early access to pre-sale tickets, content and more.
How cool is that??

Again, just a PSA - not sure if this was already known or not. :)
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Re: PRESALE INFO 1/27

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

I'm not sure if this needs a new topic, but I'll put it here for now.

I was just looking at the ticket pre-sale info for the Zeiterion Theatre in New Bedford, MA, and the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord, NH. I noticed the 2 VIP packages that are available this year, which are actually available to purchase from the theater itself, not just from the mothership.

Personally, I won't buy a VIP package for several reasons:
1) I'm not willing to pay that much for 1 concert ticket, let alone 3 or 4 tickets for my family.
2) Although it sounds cool, I just don't need all the merchandise.
3) I don't like the idea of paying for a meet & greet.

What do you all think of the VIP packages? Are you planning to buy them? Have you bought one before? Was it worth it?
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Also, does this mean Al is doing away with Bus meet and greets after the show? Gosh I hope not!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

The show at the Midland Theatre in Newark, Ohio also features the VIP packages. The one that includes a meet and greet is $260 per person. I'm also not willing to pay that amount. I'll pretty much guarantee that Al is not doing away with the bus meet and greets. This is just another way to get access to the backstage meet and greets that were already occurring.
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

I agree with NH Weird Al Fan, but I spoke to the woman at the Zeiterion Theatre's box office about 10 minutes ago. The 2 VIP packs come with:

*VIP2: The Mandatory VIP Experience
$129 per ticket
• One (1) Premium Reserved ticket
• Invitation to a pre-show party at the Mandatory Lounge including Green Screen Photo Booth and cash bar
• Limited Edition Mandatory Tour Poster
• Complete Set of Weird Al Trading Cards (including brand new cards from Mandatory Fun)
• On-site concert concierge

**VIP1: The Mandatory Meet & Greet Experience
$260 per ticket
• One (1) Premium Reserved ticket in the first five rows
• Meet and greet with Weird Al
• Invitation to a pre-show party at the Mandatory Lounge including Green Screen Photo Booth and cash bar
• Personally Autographed Limited Edition Mandatory Tour Poster
• Complete Set of Weird Al Trading Cards (including brand new cards from Mandatory Fun – over 125 cards in all!)
• Additional exclusive Weird Al merchandise gift
• On-site concert concierge

It's very tempting, but I am still debating on if I should buy the package or not, because I think maybe buying a VIP package is something you won't forget because of all the stuff you get with it, too.
Last edited by senorconebra on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conk or bepis
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Back in my day 1st row ticket cost $25 and the Meet and Greet was FREE!
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

What the heck is an on-site concert concierge?!
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

remmy wrote:What the heck is an on-site concert concierge?!
Basically what the woman on the phone told me that a "concert-concierge" is probably the people who hold all the stuff for you from the VIP packages and gets you drinks during the show or something. Even she wasn't sure yet, she just said it was what Al's people told the Zeiterion's people (something along those lines).
conk or bepis
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I thought Al wasnt gonna sell meet and greets? Oh well, ill still hang by the bus for free
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I was gifted 2 VIP tickets to the 5/5/12 show at The Fox last tour through Martin, which was very generous of him. I went with my friend Kari. He did that because of my losses. My angel Derek passed away 1/31/11, and his pal Scout passed away almost a year later; 1/17/12. The swag I got was cool, and I got to sit in the 2nd row, Steve's side. Going backstage was a lovely experience that I will never forget. Everyone was so sweet when I told them about why I got the tickets. I would not buy them for myself, though.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325