PRESALE INFO/CHAT 1/27

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Abbeybunny
Die-hard Fan

Re: PRESALE INFO/CHAT 1/27

Post by Abbeybunny »

yankochick38 wrote:If you could pick that you just want a close seat and a meet & greet maybe the tickets would ONLY be $100 instead of $260. :wacko:
I agree. I mean, the merchandise sounds great and all, but I don't need it. At least not for now...
Just your ordinary run-of-the-mill fangirl

6/21/15: First Weird Al concert!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

yankochick38 wrote:I really wish you could pick and choose what you want from the VIP tickets. I'd just like to sit closer to the stage with my buddies, I don't need a ton of merch every time. If you could pick that you just want a close seat and a meet & greet maybe the tickets would ONLY be $100 instead of $260. :wacko:
I agree. I would also really like there to be an option to just purchase a meet and greet. I already have good seats for the shows I'm attending, but I wouldn't mind adding a meet and greet to the show I'm going to on my birthday.
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

Conversely, I kinda wish there was an option to purchase tickets in the first five rows without the meet and greet and all the VIP goodies. I sprang for the Czar package at the Masonic since it's probably the only show I'll be going to this tour, but if I were going to more, I wouldn't be able to drop $260 per ticket each time.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

remmy wrote:Conversely, I kinda wish there was an option to purchase tickets in the first five rows without the meet and greet and all the VIP goodies. I sprang for the Czar package at the Masonic since it's probably the only show I'll be going to this tour, but if I were going to more, I wouldn't be able to drop $260 per ticket each time.
Agreed! My first Al concert, we got like 7th row or so in the middle for like $65 a ticket or something. We have 4 people going potentially. If it were just me, I would spring for the best ticket but a family or four would adds up to a grand with the fees and such included. Ouch!
Is my dude a dweeb?
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

Wizzerkat wrote:
remmy wrote:Conversely, I kinda wish there was an option to purchase tickets in the first five rows without the meet and greet and all the VIP goodies. I sprang for the Czar package at the Masonic since it's probably the only show I'll be going to this tour, but if I were going to more, I wouldn't be able to drop $260 per ticket each time.
Agreed! My first Al concert, we got like 7th row or so in the middle for like $65 a ticket or something. We have 4 people going potentially. If it were just me, I would spring for the best ticket but a family or four would adds up to a grand with the fees and such included. Ouch!
I hear you there! My husband was interested in attending my next concert with me but once he found out my friend and I were springing for the pricey seats he bowed out.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

A few years ago, there used to be an option to buy just a premium ticket (usually in the first 7 rows), without all the extras, from the weirdal.com presale. That was when PAID, Inc. was handling the presale ticket sales. I bought tickets for a couple shows that way in 2011 and I got great seats at a decent price. I wish they would bring back that option!
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

NH Weird Al Fan wrote:
A few years ago, there used to be an option to buy just a premium ticket (usually in the first 7 rows), without all the extras, from the weirdal.com presale. That was when PAID, Inc. was handling the presale ticket sales. I bought tickets for a couple shows that way in 2011 and I got great seats at a decent price. I wish they would bring back that option!
Yeah, I remember that -- I went for that option once last tour. That was frustrating in a different way because I wasn't able to choose my seats, or even know where I was sitting until I picked up my tickets at Will Call since I guess PAID doesn't assign seats until much later.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I may be confused. People are reporting getting their tickets for shows. Are there people who have not gotten tickets they ordered on pre-sales?
Is my dude a dweeb?
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

It might depend on the venue and what kind of tickets you bought, but the VIP tickets for the SF show were Will Call only.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Does the pre-sale allow you to get regular tickets or only VIP?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.