10/4/15 London, United Kingdom EVENTIM APOLLO

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yank
Occasional

Re: 10/4/15 London, United Kingdom EVENTIM APOLLO

Post by yank »

Marc wrote:
Hordriss wrote:But it was during "Yoda" that I left, so I'm assuming this was the last song anyway.
What? You didn't stay for Albuquerque? And Skipper Dan?

Did Al actually perform these songs that night??
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

"IT'S THE WEEKEND!" At the Zoo.fm
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

yank wrote:
Marc wrote: What? You didn't stay for Albuquerque? And Skipper Dan?
Did Al actually perform these songs that night??
Nope! :sly: :angel:
Hordriss

Post by Hordriss »

Marc wrote:
Hordriss wrote:But it was during "Yoda" that I left, so I'm assuming this was the last song anyway.
What? You didn't stay for Albuquerque? And Skipper Dan?
I don't know if you're pulling me leg or not, I'm guessing so if you've mentioned him doing Albuquerque! I never like to leave before the end of a gig, but it was either that or be stranded in London for the night! I had to get back to Winchester, and the last train left Clapham Junction just after 11pm, so I had to shift it which disappointed me. I was thinking if only he didn't bother with the support act (who I wasn't that impressed with) I'd have been able to see the end of the show!

Never ideal having a show on a Sunday night so far from home, but I wasn't gonna miss Al's show!
Florian Buechting
Occasional

Post by Florian Buechting »

Hi,
Hordriss wrote:I was thinking if only he didn't bother with the support act (who I wasn't that impressed with) I'd have been able to see the end of the show!
glad to read that sentence. I mean, the guys cannot influence likely at all if there is support act or not - but I did not like that comedy guy at all (he did not fit to Al's program as well... Too many cheap jokes). I was just wondering if that is really the 2010's British black sense of humour, which I loved that much with Monty Phython and all the other legends :)

Cheers,
Florian
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

Hordriss wrote: I don't know if you're pulling me leg or not
Yes I was :rolleyes:

I wonder how many places had a pre-show? Must be awkward to watch someone trying to be as funny as Al ..?
Hordriss

Post by Hordriss »

Florian Buechting wrote:Hi,
Hordriss wrote:I was thinking if only he didn't bother with the support act (who I wasn't that impressed with) I'd have been able to see the end of the show!
glad to read that sentence. I mean, the guys cannot influence likely at all if there is support act or not - but I did not like that comedy guy at all (he did not fit to Al's program as well... Too many cheap jokes). I was just wondering if that is really the 2010's British black sense of humour, which I loved that much with Monty Phython and all the other legends :)

Cheers,
Florian
Not really, the guy was Australian!

But, regardless, he looked out of his depth to me. I did chuckle at a couple of the jokes, but most of it was pretty ropey if you ask me. The only way it was in-keeping with Al's humour is that it was pretty clean overall. He just wasn't that funny.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

The support was terrible.. Jokes about suicide, erections etc when there were kids even in the front row, and jokes about blind people (there were blind people on both sides of the auditorium).. It was painful to hear.. @Hordriss I'm in Lymington which isnt all that far from Winchester (I was born there)..
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
WeirdElla
Occasional

Post by WeirdElla »

Hey!
I've finally finished going through the pictures from the concert and uploading the best ones to facebook. :#
here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 005d6f96b1

The videos are coming soon (I hope)...
"I'd rather have a Big Mac or a Jumbo Jack than all the bean sprouts in Japan."