10/1/15 Brussels, Belgium ANCIENNE BELGIQUE

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Marc
Occasional

Re: 10/1/15 Brussels, Belgium ANCIENNE BELGIQUE

Post by Marc »

giant_frying_pan wrote:That's especially funny given that Al's Twitter bio says, "You know...the Eat It guy."!
I know, and it proves it's true!
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

I haven't bought my ticket yet, but it's almost official I will be going to this one!
I think it's a shame it is a standing show. I'll have to be waiting at the entry hours before the show to be in the front line :accordion:
But anyway, I hope it will be great!
By the way, I guess the bus will be on the outside, so I'll be one of those waiting for Al and the band ;)
Extended warranty? How can I lose?
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

And how would we be dressed? In the USA, everyone will be in Hawaiian shirts and aluminium (yeah, the European spelling of aluminum) hats, but how crazy are we in over here in Yurp?
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

Dunno.. Personally, I'll be probably wearing any music t-shirt and maybe an aluminium hat.
I have no Hawaiian shirt :annoyed:
I'll also buy a t-shirt at the concert.
Last edited by TonyBanks74 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Marc wrote:And how would we be dressed? In the USA, everyone will be in Hawaiian shirts and aluminium (yeah, the European spelling of aluminum) hats, but how crazy are we in over here in Yurp?
I'm guessing that most of the concert goers in Europe will be people who saw 5 Al videos in their life and thought they weren't bad. They probably don't even know how Al looks like without wigs and stuff. So I would expect only a handful to dress up.
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

In my family Al is known as "the Polka guy", because when I started listening to his music I only listened to that "polka" playlist on YouTube :lol:
Except from my parents and my brother, who know Al because of me, I've never met anybody who knew him or his music.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

mellow weasel wrote:They probably don't even know how Al looks like without wigs and stuff. So I would expect only a handful to dress up.
Personally, I think Al looks pretty good without a wig.

Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

Looks a bit like my hairdo! :rolleyes:

I still have to find a place to stay the night I think. Also does any of you going to Brussels got the Czar tickets?
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

I just got my ticket for this concert!

So excited!
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

I just got back from the concert, yay!

The VIP/Czar group was only 10 people in size, opposed to about 50 in the US. But that meant that Al had a little more time for us to autograph more items and have a bit of a chat with us. Also of these 10 people, none were from Belgium ...

Here is Tacky, Brussels style. Unlike Amsterdam, the previous day, where Al walked past many cafés and bicycles, here there was NOBODY out there! Quite a weird (no pun intended) situation.

Youtube

Spoiler: Al does sing 'Aluminium' :foil: (just as depicted in the video in the background - check his American videos, it really does say 'Aluminium'! Did no one notice that?)

Youtube

Because there were no seats on the floor (there were on the balcony), Al didn't do WBUL :(

Youtube

When I entered the venue at 6pm, I was given a t-shirt, a pack of cards, a Czar sticker, a VIP wristband and a VIP dog tag. In the VIP lounge, there was a quiz, a lipsync contest and a dans contest. And, well, that was about it. No free munchies, just a free drink which I was able to pay for. I brought my stuff to the locker, which costed an Euro. It looked quite similar to those lockers at the swimming pool or sauna! Except it would not give back your money, we found out the hard way :(

At 6:45 we were allowed into the big hall to get the 'best seats', DUH! Then at 7 the first 'ordinary' people came in, but the show would not start until 8:30! So somewhere after 8pm, I decided to get a drink in the foyer (formerly known as VIP lounge). This time I had to buy tokens at €2.70 a piece (minimum order: 2 tokens) for either a soda or a beer (Belgium is famous for its beers).

The show itself was top notch, as has all Al's performances have been, no surprises there.

After the show we went back to the foyer where after a while we were led back stage (we met Jim on the way).

We waited in a room with some storm troopers and Darth Vader and then Al appeared.

Because there were so few people, some got the chance to have a little more than 1 item signed, which was a very nice gesture!

I told Al that everytime he sings 'used liquor bottles' in Tacky, I hear 'Lincoln Bibles' and that once I heard it like that, I can't un-hear it! "Oh great, now I hear it like that too!" he remarked. So if at the London show he sings that, you know who put it in his brain (but I doubt it, ha!)

After that I went with my new found friends Marikø and Sylvain out for a snack. Marikø tried a 'frikandel', they don't have those in Japan (!) :D