6/30/15 Kansas City, MO Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: 6/30/15 Kansas City, MO Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midla

Post by TMBJon »

Just want to put it out there that Westboro Baptist is one of the most impotent protest groups there is, and no one planning to attend this show should be fearful for their safety, though they might see some hurtful signs on the way in.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

Please, please don't let year people damper your fun at the concert. I've never known them to get violent. However, there have been times when they have angered people enough for them to get objects thrown at them. I do hope this doesn't happen. The beautiful thing about Mr. Yankovic is that he can bring people together of all walks of life, creeds, religions, and yes, sexual orientation. Even if it is just for a couple hours all these different people come together and have good, simple fun. They will target anyone to picket and they don't cant who they hurt. I had a man that I took care of years ago that was friends with Mr. Fred Rodgers. He went to his funeral and guest who was there. I'll give you one guess. This group seems to relish In the negative attention they get. I guess they feel that it validates in some way...I don't know. The best way that I can see to fight them is to 1.) Love thy neighbor. 2.) Don't feed them with the attention they crave. I do believe that is why they picked Mr. Yankovic as they picked Mr. Rodgers, he is a good person with a large following. They get talked about. That's all I have to say about them. Now, everyone just have a blast at the concert and I am looking forward to the reviews.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

KatrinatheGood wrote:This group seems to relish In the negative attention they get. I guess they feel that it validates in some way...I don't know.
What if they're aliens who feed by absorbing brainwaves of negative emotions :oo :foil:
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

What boring, meaningless lives these people must be leading. I wish I had time to jerk people around just for the sake of doing so. Actually, I wish I could really say what I think of them on here but there would be no point considering I come here to talk Al and his music because it takes me away from the scum of society like these folk. Guarantee this will not effect the show or Al's performance since he is a professional musician doing his job and changing the world by making his fans happy and not some insignificant, whiny little sign maker wasting his time buzzing around like an annoying bloodsucking mosquito. You see, ICON vs. No-Con. This type of thing is beneath Al. Sure he is just glad he never has to be so pathetic, not that he needed a reminder.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Corey
Off The Deep End
Awards: 2015 Best Al Man (-18)

Post by Corey »

Muppetboy09 wrote:ANYONE GOING TOMORROW NIGHT, FILM TACKY!!!
I'll see what I can do.
6/30/15
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

mellow weasel wrote:
KatrinatheGood wrote:This group seems to relish In the negative attention they get. I guess they feel that it validates in some way...I don't know.
What if they're aliens who feed by absorbing brainwaves of negative emotions :oo :foil:
You maybe on to something. They could really be the Illuminati Reptilian Aliens at the end of the Foil video and they are really seeking him out to make sure he is silenced. Avoid all blue liquids from now on. I only drink out of a personal flask anyways. :foil:
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

This is a greater honor for Al than a star, a Hall of Fame induction, and a Super Bowl halftime show COMBINED! :whoot:

Given that this is WBC's first outing (Ha!) since the Supreme Court decision, I wonder if this will register any media attention?

Either way though, outside of a few wacky counter-protest signs (Which I will be SEVERELY disappointed if there aren't any), and maybe the Foo Fighters showing up to play Hot Buns, it's likely nothing will happen. Just grab your headphones for the way in if you don't want to hear the shouting and enjoy the show. :)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Anyone going to this show, I'd like to make a request for you to take pictures where you see the Westboro Baptist protesters and signage for Al's show in the same frame. Ideally some red in the face idiot holding their most infamous "G.H.F." sign in front of the theater marquee.

:x:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Wow. I never thought I'd see WBC protest an Al concert. Really feels like they've run out of things to complain/get angry about...
And Peggy