6/23/15 Newark, OH Midland Theatre

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

6/23/15 Newark, OH Midland Theatre

Post by Alinite27 »

Newark is a suburb of Columbus. This reminds me of when Al went to Marion, OH in the last tour. It's cool as these smaller cities and venues really enjoy Al coming in.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: 6/23/15 Newark, OH Midland Theatre

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm 99 percent sure that I'm going to this one. The venue is about two hours from my house, and this show is on my birthday. I've always wanted to see Al on my birthday.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I am officially going to this show! I snagged tickets in the Right Orchestra section, Row C. A Weird Al show on my birthday!! :onfire:
marcusb
Occasional

Post by marcusb »

This theater is in my hometown. It's a renovated 1920's theater.. it's small, but nice. My only complaint is the seats are so tiny!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I'm going! I got a gold package so I get to meet AL!!! It's my first time doing something like this, so, does anyone know if AL will let me take a picture with him? I hope so!!
marcusb
Occasional

Post by marcusb »

Gold? Do you mean Czar? In the past, yes, you could take photos at the meet and greets.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

marcusb wrote:Gold? Do you mean Czar? In the past, yes, you could take photos at the meet and greets.
Yeah sorry, I've seen it be called both. :)

And awesome, Thanks!!
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

Not too long now until this stop on the tour. My husband, daughter and I will be attending. A little nervous about picking up the tickets at Will Call, since we have the Mandatory Czar Experience tickets purchased through Weird Al's website and not the Midland's website. (My sister volunteers for the Midland and she was surprised that the Midland allowed tickets to be sold by someone other than them, apparently they don't normally allow that.) Hoping for a smooth ticket pick-up. And definitely looking forward to finally meeting Weird Al.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Welcome, Nessie! I read an article about this show in which they interviewed the director of the Midland. She seemed ridiculously excited that Al was performing there. They probably let him do pretty much whatever he wanted. Incidentally, that article also mentioned that Al's people were initially concerned that the Midland's stage would be too small, but they made some adjustments. I'm wondering what the adjustments could be.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Kevbo1987 wrote:Welcome, Nessie! I read an article about this show in which they interviewed the director of the Midland. She seemed ridiculously excited that Al was performing there. They probably let him do pretty much whatever he wanted. Incidentally, that article also mentioned that Al's people were initially concerned that the Midland's stage would be too small, but they made some adjustments. I'm wondering what the adjustments could be.
Yeah, I called and asked her ticket questions when I bought the tickets in Feb, and she really was super excited.

As for the stage... I hope that Tacky and WBUL will be okay. When I saw him in 07, he was on a really small stage and he skipped WBUL because he couldn't come down. (I assume that's why) So I hope that he will be able to get up and down for Tacky. (I'm in the minority that doesn't care about WBUL :P WBUL < OMM)

(I haven't seen a video of Tacky, haven't been able to find one, but I assume that it's like Conan where he goes through the audience and gets on stage there, so forgive me if I have that wrong ^^ )