6/21/15 Kettering, OH Fraze Pavilion

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Demented Dustin
Regular

Re: 6/21/15 Kettering, OH Fraze Pavilion

Post by Demented Dustin »

I did not attend but the best Tacky entrance so far by a longshot !!!!!
Hilarious entrance and I wonder if a certain part was staged or not
I'm referencing a video I may or may have not seen online already
ferdinand
Occasional

Post by ferdinand »

Demented Dustin wrote:I did not attend but the best Tacky entrance so far by a longshot !!!!!
Hilarious entrance and I wonder if a certain part was staged or not
I'm referencing a video I may or may have not seen online already
Were you talking about the part where
Spoiler:
he pushed the guy in the water? I wasn't paying much attention to that part, so I didn't see what happened before.
My mom, my sister, my cousin and I were wondering that too. I remember one of them said, "If it were anyone else, I would think it was staged, but with Al, I don't know.

I've been to one other "Weird Al" Yankovic concert, during the Internet Leaks tour, and this was the first time I saw Dare to Be Stupid live. Do Jim and Steve always wear energy domes for Dare to Be Stupid? This was also the first time I saw an unplugged medley, and I loved it. Also, the bathrobe was pink.

Edit: After watching the video, I am even more confused, but I do think that a later part of that entrance was staged, at least a little bit.
No one in the world ever gets what they want and the truth is we don't know anything.
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

Yes that is exactly the part I was wondering about !
It was genius!!!!!!
Where else can you see something like that at a concert ??
That even beats Al starting Tacky in front of my car !
Bozarth
Occasional

Post by Bozarth »

Al must be having a blast doing these intros. I hope he's recording them for a "best of Tacky intros" segment on a dvd
6/8/15 - Lancaster, PA
7/31/15 - Philadelphia, PA - w/ M&G
8/30/16 - Wilmington, DE
10/30/16 - Washington DC - UHF Live Commentary by Al & Emo
3/16/18 - Atlantic City, NJ
3/18/18 - Lancaster, PA
7/12/19 - Philadelphia, PA w/ M&G
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

ferdinand wrote:I remember one of them said, "If it were anyone else, I would think it was staged, but with Al, I don't know
I think quite the opposite. Al is too nice to do that without go-ahead. A guy could have had a phone in his pocket and Al has recently experienced the pain of wetting his phone, he wouldn't do that to other person :lol:
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Sorry for my late post but I didn't get home from the concert until 1am that night and I had a new semester of classes starting yesterday.

Wont be too in depth but here we go:

I got there about an hour and a half early so I could be sure to get my ticket and shirt. They were told out of the tour shirts in my size, the guy working it said that they were really blowing through a lot of it that night which I took as a good sign. I got the green shirt. I went in to find my seat. I was in row G orch A- seat 20. I did not like that 20 so I sat in seat 1 until about 5 mins before when the correct people came and kicked me out. Little did I know, minutes later, that was the exact way Al was walking down during Tacky!? Very disappointing but it was their seat so oh well. I loved all the interactions he did during Tacky. I think they definatly got the guys ok to be pushed in the fountain cuz its Al and he is a super nice guy. I stopped watching and reading stuff about the concert a long time ago so I completely forgot that CIA turned into Pentiums and then the medley so I was pleasantly surprised. I loved the acoustic part. Anyone who doesn't think Al or the guys are truly talented at what they do needs to be show that. I was stuck next to a younger couple who looked like they were maybe on an early date and they never stoop up or clapped or cheered or anything. I briefly felt bad about being so excited next to them but then I decieded not to care. I was solo at this concert and did not care one bit.

After the show, I tracked down the busses and stood next to and talked with a guy and his 11 year old son who was having his first ever weird al concert experience. We were out there maybe an an hour and someone came out and said Al had a 6am flight out of Columbus and he was getting a car service to come take him so he wouldn't be out that night. I of course stayed until the blacked out car we found drove away

Just some ramblings about my night.. Would put more but I have to go work a 12 hr shift. Now that the concert is over, the only countdown I have left is for MY WEDDING!!!!
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
gtrmu
Off The Deep End

Post by gtrmu »

Where is this video that you speak of?

Edit: Never mind. Found it.
Last edited by gtrmu on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I was in Dayton, near Kettering, 7 years ago. Nice area.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Sorry this is coming days later but my daughter had surgery yesterday so I was a but preoccupied but since I was on Steve's side I watched him more than I usually would. He seems to walk around and do stuff a lot while playing. I kinda thought maybe he was having problems hearing himself play but he just kinda seemed to wander around. Looked like he was talking to the sound guy or to Ruben. One song, he kept bending down. Was fun to watch though. I have always been more toward the middle or Jim's side

Also, not the best bunch oh photo's but here is what I have from the show.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by crazygurl14 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Link didn't send me to photos.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!