8/04/15 The Zeiterion Performing Arts Center New Bedford, MA

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Re: 8/04/15 The Zeiterion Performing Arts Center New Bedford

Post by senorconebra »

Got my Czar email last night! Can't wait!!!
conk or bepis
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

TOMORROW!!!! Our plan is to arrive at the Marriott (coming directly from Providence Station) around 4:30 or so. Can't wait!!!!
conk or bepis
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

What did we all decide? Will there be a pre-show meet up for food or drinks?
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Can't make it tonthe show tonight. Full price front row center Czar ticket for sale, hit me up.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

WELLLLLLLL

I rolled in at around 2:30 or so and my mom, grandma and I had lunch with NH Weird Al Fan and her son, then I split off with NHWAF and son, and headed to the VIP Party. I didn't win the costume contest though! My friend Michelle won!

After the VIP Party we walked to the Z at around 7:00pm. Before I got to my seat however, I did stop at the merch table, buying a tour shirt, keychains and buttons, tote bag, the flag, and I think something else?? OH the hat!!! I did spent a ton of money on merch lol WHOOPS NO REGRETS

Show started about 10 minutes late, but that didn't bother anyone. For the Tacky entrance, Al started at his bus, then wrapped his way around Purchase Street and walked in the front doors of the theatre. Place went ABSOLUTELY NUTS, including myself.

I did get some attention at this show, getting the hip thrusts during Fat and then during WBUL I was told "You're magically delicious, like a bowl of Lucky Charms". I loved IT ALWAYS

Word Crimes was so good always. Al and I interacted during Pentiums, TSB, and W&N, and maybe another song, singing verses at each other.

Got some water splashed on me during SLN, also GREAT

Mic got a little soft at times, but no major A/V problems!!

The show ended with an uproar cheers and applause. Cell Phones was so awesome to hear live, I had my cell phone up way before Al said to haha

During TSB, when Al sang "We all wound up on Tatooine..." I yelled. Loud enough, in fact, Al stopped what he was doing, did the "What in the name was THAT" look, then continued.

501st was also so awesome to see live. We got to take pictures with them!! I was so excited

show concluded around 10:30 or so, and then the meet and greet was conducted. Took about an hour since I was last in line.

Greeted Al with "Long time no see!"
he smiled and asked, "How are you?"
"I'm good!"

I told him about how it was just me who was there and the whole thing with Alicia. He did a pouty face.

"Oh no!"
"Yeah."
"Were you lonely?"
"A little," I said, "But you made it much better though!"
"Well that's good."
"Thank you for the attention tonight, I really appreciated it."
"No problem!"

Chatted for a little, laughed about the Shia LaBeouf video (DO IT) when he signed the picture I had for him.
He signed my poster, we hugged, and then we went our separate ways. I had to turn back around and get my bag because I had left it behind. Then I went home! I got back at around 11:50 or so. Pictures are up on Facebook!

Made so many new friends tonight! I also met CB Johnny briefly, and I met Mellissa briefly as well.
I actually had a really great time, even though I was still really sad Alicia couldn't make it.
Last edited by senorconebra on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
conk or bepis
Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Post by Capybara »

Great review! Sounds like a wonderful evening.
I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Went with my two best lady friends and another good friend this time. Bought the Mandatory Fun vinyl as my very first vinyl. I regret not bringing a bit of extra money to get a "Blame it on the AL-cohol" drink but I took note on how to make it. I liked how the venue used a piece of My Little Pony fanart for it on the menu. Sometimes the most delightful things in life don't have to make sense.

My friend Kendra got the tote bag and my friend Jissella bought the Mandatory Fun CD. Took our seats and I went around asking if I could take photos of people's cosplays. Met a man who's name escapes me but he did a full accurate Mandatory Fun uniform cosplay and of course I was impressed by SenorConebra's. I also met someone dressed in the Like A Surgeon outfit and a staff member asked if I'd like a photo with her. "Sure, why not" I said and told her "I'll hover hand you" and made a goofy face for it. :P

First second of Fun Zone seemed to be inaudible as the volume cranked up.

Tacky had fans in the path outside who knew to look for him there.

Perform This Way now involves a long blonde wig but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm far behind on that newer detail. I don't remember the fuzzy boots that make me think of Tyler Breeze but I wouldn't be surprised if he had those all this tour, either.

Fat- A lot more "seat bouncers" in my section than in previous shows. Even one of my friends caught on and joined in for the last one.

First World Problems- now that I'm not watching from second floor seats like I did at Foxwoods it is easier to notice the fan blowing his hair. Not sure if that's a Pixies thing or just something Al likes to do but it looks awesome.

Smells Like Nirvana- Nirvana Cheerleaders were on point.

Party In The CIA- is Al stepping higher? or have I just lost my touch for noticing the little changes?

Inactive- I know Al always tries to keep his hands busy but now that I've seen Imagine Dragons perform live (.....on television) I wonder how much of Al's hand motions are meant to be reminiscent of Dan Reynolds? ....unless..... Dan Reynolds gets it from Al as they are all lifelong fans. :foil: :P

Wanna B Ur Lovr- Camera set up from Tacky was used so we can all see everything from out seat.

Unplugged Medley- Don't you just love how Al incorporates alternate takes from otherwise old stuff? Don Pardo's bit during ILOJ is a different take, Al's "on halloween for me" during Perform This Way's clip is different, etc.

----------------

so we waited outside the bus. Each band member popped out right next to me through the doorway so it was nice to say a little hello and such.
It was a big tight crowd with lots of patient young ones. Generally quiet from my side of the crowd. Chatted up with the police officer on duty at the event. Cool guy, shoulda asked his name.

I brought a small wristheld speaker but wasn't sure if I should use it to play Al songs. I waited a while and just turned to those around us and asked if they'd up for it. Consensus was a resounding "yes." I said "any requests? I got all 14 albums on here" and those within ear shot smiled and laughed a bit. Someone asked for Weasel Stomping Day and I was like "you got it!......wait... sorry, that's the ONE mp3 that didn't make it through [due to a CD scratch]" so then I played Nature Trail for another request.

Then Al's roadie came out, laid down the law for how the autograph session will go. I definitely should have got some tunes going earlier on to pass that time.

This time around we were told no posing for pictures, no handshakes, just hand the guy what you want al to sign, no personalizing the autographs, and no little chats. It's "not a meet and greet." so I asked if signing my leg for my first tattoo would be okay and he gave it a half second of sincere thought, made a quick polite judgment call of......... "no, sorry."

I realized I have plenty of Al's autographs so I'd rather just give him my present to him: his own official My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Cheese Sandwich t-shirt just in case he or Bermuda haven't heard of it and got their hands on it. Thankfully those physical statistic on the Mothership's FAQ were available.

I hand it to the roadie as my turn approached and I stepped outta line. Al pokes his head out and looks away from my direction and says "thank you!" to which I go "you're welcome" and he looks at me noticing what direction it came from, said it again, and I went "No. THANK YOU"

I put a little note in there at last minute reading "Dear Al, this is an OFFICIAL My Little Pony Cheese Sandwich t-shirt and I'd love for you to have it. Thank you for being an amazing role model. Maybe next time I'll be able to get the leg autograph tattoo. Love, Johnny [lastnameredacted] CB Johnny on WOWAY and Instagram."

Met Jim West immediately after and had him sign my vinyl insert. Told him "all these years you're the only member of the band I hadn't met and it's so great to see you." Shook his hand, introduced myself, and later on asked if I could take a selfie with him.

There was a nice young fellow who had a homemade Cheese Sandwich t-shirt that was pretty impressive. He and one of his family members was curious where I got mine and I told them it's at WeLoveFine.com and I also encouraged him to pop on here some time.

Pictures will be available once I get things charged up. My neighborhood had a power outage all day and night.

It was a pleasure as always being among other avid fans revelling in the awesomeness that is Weird Al. I hope you all had as fun a time as I did. Take care, folks.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

The Mandatory Fun cosplay was a man named Jerry, he's from Georgia and has done a bunch of shows including the week in Vegas. I met him Friday and he's really nice

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

hmm. might be a different person. shaved head? name didn't sound like a Jerry
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Oh that's not Jerry