6/11/15 Richmond, VA Carpenter Theatre Center Stage

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

6/11/15 Richmond, VA Carpenter Theatre Center Stage

Post by Alinite27 »

Richmond is where I bought my copy of Mandatory Fun! I was in town for a wrestling show, and got it the next morning from a Target. Never been to Center Stage, but I'm looking forward to it!
dansachs
Occasional

Re: 6/11/15 Richmond, VA Carpenter Theatre Center Stage

Post by dansachs »

That's two in Southern Virginia! And two months apart so I can get some rest in between.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

This will be my first ever Virginia show!

Orchestra Right, Row F !

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

It was an awesome show!

And Dave, I was in Orchestra Center, Row F!

Got a picture with Ruben!

Awesome evening!
PMFL!
rhall46

Post by rhall46 »

Akrovak wrote:It was an awesome show!

And Dave, I was in Orchestra Center, Row F!

Got a picture with Ruben!

Awesome evening!
How did you manage to get a picture with Ruben? Was it by the tour bus? I'm curious as I've been wanting to get a picture with some of the band members!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Hey Akrovak! Darn, if I knew you were there I could have said hello!

Yeah, it was an awesome evening! The theater was absolutely beautiful and the fans were enthusiastic. The few fans we got to talk to at the bus area (until we mysteriously disappeared. :ph34r:) were very friendly too.

We left the house around 10 a.m. expecting to arrive at our relatives house near Richmond around 4 pm. However, the "express" fast food place we stopped at for lunch took 25 minutes to give us our food, and as a result we hit Washington D.C. area traffic right at 3 pm, which I guess is the worst time ever to hit it because we didn't get to Richmond until 6 pm. So instead of visiting our relative first, we went right to the theater instead.

It turned out good because as we pulled in the parking lot, we ended up getting spot #27! I couldn't believe it was still open with all those Al fans parking there. Then, as we were walking to find someone to eat, we ran into Steve Jay! And once we got to the restaurant, which was out of salmon, but the food was really tasty, they tried to give us free John Mellencamp tickets for Saturday which we had to politely decline, but also gave us 20% our bill for being Weird Al fans!

As I said, the audience was awesome for this show! They erupted and stood on their feet when Al came in for "Tacky" and actually there were a few standing ovations for songs as they started. There was a new addition to PTW, in a giant colored beaded necklace. I'm unclear if its a permanent addition as I later saw a crew member put it in the crew bus. Anyway, in WBUL, Al chased a guy down the aisle to his seat, and I think I'm deaf in my right ear from the woman sitting next to me screaming with enjoyment from every song.

After the show, surprisingly there were only maybe a dozen people at the buses, and it lessened pretty quickly down to about 8 people. We made friends with awesome beard guy, who has a beard I am envious of. He competes in beard competitions and was even on "Beard Wars." Unfortunately while he and the other 6 people or so there were checking out the cats that were living in one of the equipment trucks, we mysteriously disappeared were abducted by an aliens -- well, an opportunity came along that we couldn't refuse, so awesome beard guy if you ever read this, I feel bad for ditching you without warning, and totally would have taken you with me if I could!

Anyway, *mumblemumblemumble* and we're backstage talking to Bermuda, who introduces us to Larry Nelson who played keyboards with The Monkees when they were touring in 1987 with Al, among other stuff, then we ended up in the room with all the Mandatory Czar people and got to talk to Al for more than a quick hello and get our picture taken with him. Al looked tired and said he was, so hopefully, since it's a short drive to the next few venues he can get some rest.

So, overall, Richmond is awesome!

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Oops, pictures. :jp:

Dave
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

rhall46 wrote:How did you manage to get a picture with Ruben? Was it by the tour bus? I'm curious as I've been wanting to get a picture with some of the band members!
He was taking pictures in the VIP room before the show ... just had to wait in line for a little while. :)

And he was very understanding (my wife wasn't used to my cell phone, and it took about three attempts to get a picture that wasn't blurry).
PMFL!
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Elvis wrote:Hey Akrovak! Darn, if I knew you were there I could have said hello!

So, overall, Richmond is awesome!

Dave
I know! I was trying to be spoiler free for this show, so I haven't been on the forum since the tour was announced! And when I logged in last night after the concert, I realized that the one problem with that reasoning was that I totally missed out on potentially meeting up with some forum folks! Oops!

And yes, Richmond is awesome! :)

I have some pictures also, and will try to get around to posting some tonight after work.
PMFL!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Wow, Al looks tired. Dave, did you get that Alapalooza shirt on that tour or more recently?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!