5/30/15 Cleveland, OH Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 5/30/15 Cleveland, OH Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica

Post by Yankomaniac »

Any reviews Kevbo? I may be asking a bit early but it's nearly noon on my end. Give us the story homeboy.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Sorry about this taking so long. I had a busy day yesterday. The show was awesome as usual. I was very glad that the venue was covered, because it poured throughout most of the show. The show itself was fantastic. During "Tacky," as Al was making his way through the lobby, he grabbed some guy's Sierra Mist out of his hand, took a sip of it, and handed it back to him. It was hilarious. I loved the new Unplugged medley. Al sounded fantastic, and it was a lot of fun to watch. I did notice that Al seemed to be singing along with a backing track during "Word Crimes." Because of the very heavy rain, I didn't wait out by the buses. I'm not sure whether Al ended up doing a meet and greet out there.

The only real drawback had nothing to do with the show itself. There were two quite intoxicated people in front of me. The woman was wearing a foil hat with a stuffed poodle on top of it. The hat was gigantic; I was surprised the venue even let her in with it. She was practically screaming the words to the polka, and her husband kept standing up and yelling. It was very distracting. It was a wonderful show though. I can't wait until my June 23rd birthday show.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

How much of a backing track for Word Crimes, may I ask? It sounded great earlier on in the tour with very little backing tracks :(
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I could be wrong, but it sounded to me like there was a backing track of Al's lead vocal throughout most of the song, and he was singing along with his own voice.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

That seems so odd he would have that. Good review though, and you never know what type of annoying people will be near you at an Al concert. I've been pretty loaded myself at a couple and others I have been pretty annoyed myself, all part of the experience I guess.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Kristi Ohlervic
Occasional

Post by Kristi Ohlervic »

Kevbo-I was a little further back and certainly noticed Poodle Hat Lady and her Husband...ugh! Maybe 30-40 of us waited after the show, but Al and the band drove past in a white van-which we were told after-and didn't stop. :(
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

The hat was certainly annoying, but it was the lady under the hat that was the real annoyance, and her husband was even worse. Thanks for the info. I'm glad I didn't stand around in the rain.
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

I know this post is kinda late, but I just joined today so, whatever. I went and it was the most fun I'd ever had. It was my first concert and I loved it.
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

:welcome: to WOWAY, Annie! Glad you enjoyed the show!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

Thanks so much happy to be here.
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two