5/24/15 Robinsonville, MS Horseshoe Tunica-Bluesville

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: 5/24/15 Robinsonville, MS Horseshoe Tunica-Bluesville

Post by mellow weasel »

27thpilgrim wrote:As I waited for the v.i.p. Event to start, I stood in the hall and Rubin walked by!! I said "Hey Rubin! He was surprised and asked me what my name was".
Either there is some guy I don't know about, or you spelled Ruben's name wrong :wordcrimes:

What do they do in the venue for so long :huh: ?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Incorrect spelling of a name isn't really a word crime. Or were you referring to the incorrect use of quotation marks? I was wondering if that was how it was spelt. They probably do a lot of chillaxing and mental preparation for the shows. Everybody has to eat, get into the zone, sound check, etc. In my personal experience, I do a lot of gigs with my bands and before and after a show there are very few dull moments surrounding a show. With Al and the guys they also have to run into a ton of fans on tour so, yeah, I don't think they have too much down time. Steve has been seen reading and biking around places and I'm guessing they all have little on tour hobbies to keep them occupied. Jim takes a ton of pictures as you can tell on his facebook, seems to do a lot of walking around wherever they happen to be.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Yankomaniac wrote:Incorrect spelling of a name isn't really a word crime. Or were you referring to the incorrect use of quotation marks? I was wondering if that was how it was spelt. They probably do a lot of chillaxing and mental preparation for the shows. Everybody has to eat, get into the zone, sound check, etc. In my personal experience, I do a lot of gigs with my bands and before and after a show there are very few dull moments surrounding a show. With Al and the guys they also have to run into a ton of fans on tour so, yeah, I don't think they have too much down time. Steve has been seen reading and biking around places and I'm guessing they all have little on tour hobbies to keep them occupied. Jim takes a ton of pictures as you can tell on his facebook, seems to do a lot of walking around wherever they happen to be.
Well there isn't more appropriate emoji for misspelled names, is it?

I get why they come long before the show, but was asking what they do ATFER a show. I imagine they eat and have a shower, gather their stuff, but that can't take longer than 2 hours in relaxed pace. :?
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Thanks for the review, 27thpilgrim! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Good for you for staking out the bus that long. Your patience was obviously rewarded.
27thpilgrim

Post by 27thpilgrim »

Thanks so much y'all! :) It still feels very surreal. You see Al in so many pictures over the years and then you look at the picture with you and him standing together is so crazy. And I did mean "Ruben". Always needs up on that for some reason. :P