5/12-16/15, Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, NV

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: 5/12-16/15, Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, NV

Post by Big Spoon »

So anyone make it to tonight's show? Was the setlist the same, or were there a few alternates?
And Peggy
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Just got back to the room from after the second show. The setlist was the same, however, of course, there were some subtle differences in costume, video clip length, etc. I also had a much better view of the entire stage tonight, so I picked up on some things I may have missed before. Like your pet may be an extraterrestrial... no wait, that's not it.

He flubbed a line in "Tacky" at the beginning of the show so at least we know the video feed each night (there was no doubt :rolleyes:). During PTW, the ice cream cone wasn't lighted for some reason. In "Handy" he added a tool belt to the wardrobe. During WBUL, Al came down the little aisle next to us and sang to Jackie. Also, Ruben's keyboards weren't working for the beginning of the unplugged medley so he ran back to his keyboards until a stagehand fixed the problem, then he came back to the semicircle.

After the show, a big group of us went to P.F. Chang for drinks and socializing. They gave us our own private room, which was really nice!

Dave

edit:

:ph34r:
Last edited by Elvis on Thu May 14, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Dave
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Um....I don't want to know what that alien is up to behind :foil: Al :blink:

:lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

He actually performs the Foil video?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Another great show tonight. Same setlist, though he threw a few new video clips in, and moved a few around. For example the Hitler clip from Drunk history is new, and the clip where the lady forgets who sang Eat It was moved to after the unplugged medley. I remember them doing this at the start of other tours as they work out the pacing.

We had second row seats but they were actually kind of crappy as they were way off to the side. The only good thing about them was that Al sang to Jackie as he walked by in "Tacky". However, there were four open seats closer to the center of our row, so we moved to them at the first video clip break and had a much better view, and a much more enjoyable time.

I don't think he's on the forum, but there is a guy named Jerry who's attending all the shows and dressing up and his outfits are awesome. On the first night he came dressed in full military garb as Al o the cover of MF. I saw hime before the show but he was going down the escalator as I was going up so I couldn't snap a picture. Last night he skipped to see Britney instead, but tonight he came as the guy from the Foil video. :foil: There's a picture of me and him on my facebook if anyone wants to check it out. I can't wait to see if he comes up with any other outfits!

Anyway, the show wasn't sold out, but it was a pretty full theater, a lot more people than last night. I saw Sara sitting front row center, and there was another guy right in front of us that was having the time of his life. I thought he might injure himself doing the "Fat" jump. The ice cream hat wasn't lighted again, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not as this is now the second show in a row. Al ditched the hat for WBUL again before leaving the stage. I'm sure that was intentional, as it was getting in the way during the first show. He sang a lot to security guards, as well as one very embarrassed woman who got kablammed. He also sang to Jackie again. It looked like the girl sitting next to Sara got the stare down at the end. There was a little less adlibbing during the James Brown ending. I keep wanting him to break into LWAH, even if it's just for one verse. Seeing the Amish band rock out though is pretty funny too.

After the show we met up with Ranger Bob and went to Chili's for some after show snacks and socializing. These shows are so much fun as I'm getting to see and spend quality time with a lot of people I haven't seen since, well, probably last tour at the least!

Dave
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

You mentioned Jackie had photos of the concert on her facebook? What is the link to this, or what is her forum name so I can click on the fb link?
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

"IT'S THE WEEKEND!" At the Zoo.fm
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

And Peggy
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

FYI: The link won't work unless you're logged in to a Facebook account.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford