5/12-16/15, Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, NV

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: 5/12-16/15, Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, NV

Post by Elvis »

I believe he's done the specifically you thing every night, so it's an intentional change.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Elvis wrote:I believe he's done the specifically you thing every night, so it's an intentional change.

Dave
Cool! I saw one from one night where he lost his place in the ending, and said his last line early, then just stayed their laughing like a maniac. Also, he was able to hit the note that night, so that is good!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
Elvis wrote:I believe he's done the specifically you thing every night, so it's an intentional change.

Dave
Cool! I saw one from one night where he lost his place in the ending, and said his last line early, then just stayed their laughing like a maniac. Also, he was able to hit the note that night, so that is good!
is there a video???
conk or bepis
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

Elvis wrote:And I'm really excited for some upcoming as-of-yet unannounced concert dates! :D :ph34r:
I hope this means there'll be a NYC-area date announced soon. Might be a good excuse to schedule a trip to visit my parents :angel:
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

Elvis wrote:And I'm really excited for some upcoming as-of-yet unannounced concert dates! :D :ph34r:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

One cool thing I didn't mention in my review:
When I was heading down the hallway to my hotel room at Bally's, I passed a maid's cart and saw a picture of Al sticking out! As it turned out, Al was on the front cover of Las Vegas Magazine! There was a copy in my hotel room too.

The accompanying article was only one page long, and that was the only other reference to Al in the magazine except for one full page ad for the week of shows at Planet Hollywood. Here's a link to the article.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Great review Dave! Bermuda looks happy!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

yank wrote:You mentioned Jackie had photos of the concert on her facebook? What is the link to this, or what is her forum name so I can click on the fb link?
My photos generally don't go to FB but to a photobucket account. I will post the link once I have time to pull them off my camera and upload them. This week hasn't been particularly conducive to big uploads.

The first night I didn't take tons and they did go to FB, but you also need to be my friend to see them!
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

just watched one of the videos muppetboy was talking about and a kid was taking pictures with his 3ds haha
conk or bepis
27thpilgrim

Post by 27thpilgrim »

I had passes for after the show, and wow it was a mad house. There were so many people there that they split the pass holders into three groups, the contest winners, the VIP package people, and the rest/CPFOA. Jackie and I were in the latter group and I actually felt a little out of place. This wasn't the typical waiting by the bus crew. Jackie and I were easily the least famous people there. Andy Richter was there, and two keyboardists for Neil Diamond.

But we did get some time to talk to Bermuda for several minutes as well as exchange some Al stuff we collected for each other. And I'm really excited for some upcoming as-of-yet unannounced concert dates! :D :ph34r: I also got to talk to Jim West, and Steve Jay came over to say hello and chat with us for a little while too. Everyone is in good spirits and excited for the tour.

We only had about a minute of Al's time. Now keep in mind, there were 100 contest winners and each one brought a guest, plus maybe about 45 VIP package people, not including his CPFOA, so that's over 250 people Al had to meet tonight, so I totally understand, was fine with the short time we had, and I'm thankful for time he was able to give us. But in that minute Jackie was able to show Al some pictures she had of an Al-related project she had made, and I was able to present Al a book (on behalf of Weird Al Star Fund) by Tom Richmond (MAD magazine artist) in which Tom hand drew a picture of Al in congratulation for his #1 album. This was done last July 2014, so it was before all the MAD magazine guest editor stuff. Anyway, I will let Vikki tell the whole story if she wants to share. And we even got this nifty picture!

[ http://i62.tinypic.com/mb0s5l.jpg ]

Afterwards, I met up with Vikki, Cid, and Julie in Paris, and we took a long walk to see the volcano at Mirage, and then a late night snack at Chipolte. Totally fun times in Vegas!! I wish I could do it all again!

Dave
That's awesome Dave! I have enjoyed your reviews. How were you able to obtain passes if you don't mind me asking.