Mandatory Fun Tour Anticipation Thread

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

When do you think the tour will start?

Late 2014
No votes
January
2%
February
4%
March
8%
April
19%
May
56%
June
6%
July or later :'(
4%

Total votes: 48

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Mandatory Fun Tour Anticipation Thread

Post by Yankomaniac »

Was so glad to attend both, full length shows. Loudest and clearest I've ever heard them all play. Not that it is ever unclear but I have had issues being on one side or the other and having problems hearing Jim on the other side or in Verona where I was right at the front and it was just a nicer quiet showroom setting.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Kevbo1987 wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:It is to my assumption that Al might keep the beard-mustache for the tour, as that is how he has been wearing it practically since the release of MF. In that case, it will be pretty strange seeing bearded Al in some of the costumes for the show, SLN being one that stands out in my mind.
Maybe he'll keep it until the first show of the tour and then do his disappearing facial hair act. I saw him do that in Akron in 2004. He came out to start the show with a full goatee and mustache, and every time he came out after a costume change, a little bit of the facial hair would be gone. It was hilarious.

He did it at the first Orange County Fair show in the summer of 2002. The strangest of the looks was, oddly, the mustache. It just doesn't go with the long lair.

Cheers, Diva
Who misses those multi-day concert stands in Costa Mesa
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Woohoo!!! :yay:

My first and second set of tickets have arrived!! Accordion solo! :accordion:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

In a recent interview, Al said, "I believe we’re doing three parodies in full, and the other two in the medley… we’ll be doing two or three of the originals… and of course we have to do the polka!”
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Guesses:

FULL PARODY:

Handy
Word Crimes
Tacky

MEDLEY:

Foil
Inactive

ORIGINALS:

Lame Claim To Fame
My Own Eyes
First World Problems (?)
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I think Foil might be done if full, and send Handy to the medley. And IF there is another original in the set other than LCTF and My Own Eyes, I think it would realistically be FWP, although MAYBE Mission Statement if we're lucky...
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

TMBJon wrote:In a recent interview, Al said, "I believe we’re doing three parodies in full, and the other two in the medley… we’ll be doing two or three of the originals… and of course we have to do the polka!”
OK so I've clearly had too much wine tonight, because at first I totally misread this post and thought it was an attempt at an April Fools joke, claiming that Al's new setlist was going to have like eight polkas in it. But let's get real, that would be kind of amazing.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

What if he goes Grateful Dead on us and the polka winds up being a 35-minute jam?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

He better choose to do it the way OneWAY posted above. Also how I was thinking they would do it, cause those three originals are absolutely amazing and make the album rock so hard.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I pretty much agree with what OneWAY posted above (and fits what I've been thinking.)

One thought I had, if Foil does end up in the medley, which half of the song would Al use? They could both be really fun if done live, IMO.
And Peggy