Mandatory Fun Tour Anticipation Thread

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

When do you think the tour will start?

Late 2014
No votes
January
2%
February
4%
March
8%
April
19%
May
56%
June
6%
July or later :'(
4%

Total votes: 48

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Mandatory Fun Tour Anticipation Thread

Post by Elvis »

I'm wearing a foil hat!!

For an upcoming show, I mean. Yeah, that's it. Upcoming show. Yep. :unsure:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
kamburgy
Occasional

Post by kamburgy »

Im interested in the cards....I have a set of 1-122 but now they have added more and I want the complete set as always. I have extras or I would pay outright...
8/14/94 OS Fair Col
7/27/96-Natca Cl
8/15/99-Natca Cl
8/31/03-TWC Amp Cl
7/6/07-Pln Dealr Pav Cl
9/3/10-TWC Amp Cl
5/8/12-Akr Civic Ak
7/31/13-Cain Prk Cl Hts
5/30/15-Jacobs Pav@Nautica Cl
6/24/16-Akr Civ Ak
3/25/17-PlyhouseSq Cl
6/6/19-PlyouseSq Cl
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Three new dates have been added! I'm on mobile, so I am not able to create a thread for them.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Three new shows added.

October

Saturday 3 - Birmingham, O2 Academy
Wednesday 7 - Belfast, Limelight
Friday 9 - Glasgow, O2 ABC

Tickets for the new shows will go on sale on Friday (February 20) at 9am.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
giant_frying_pan
Occasional

Post by giant_frying_pan »

Heh, I just finished sorting flights and accommodation for a jaunt to Norway and lo and behold, a date in my home town (Glasgow)!

Looks like I'm going to two shows instead!
alsfan

Post by alsfan »

Teh Dingo wrote:
Anyway, Al just stated the obvious (To us, anyway) on Facebook:

"Hey guys! I’ve been reading all your comments, and I feel like I should clarify a few things…

First of all, this bears repeating – I basically have NO CONTROL over where I play. There’s no reason to thank me if I’m playing your city, and there’s REALLY no reason to get mad at me if I’m not. I don’t decide what city I play, or what venue I play, or what day I play. The way it works is, I tell my booking agency how long I’d like to tour, and then they put a tour together based on whatever offers come in from concert promoters. So if you want to twist somebody’s arm, maybe try your local concert promoter… but you don’t need to convince ME – believe me, I would love to play EVERYWHERE!

And secondly… you may have noticed there are a few holes in my otherwise packed touring schedule. This is because some dates haven’t been completely confirmed (like the Australia / NZ dates), and some dates we’re not allowed to announce yet for various legal/contractual reasons. All I can say is, please be patient… don’t give up hope quite yet… there are still a few more 2015 tour dates to be announced.

If I AM coming anywhere near you, I hope you can go… it’s going to be a great show!"
algonacchick wrote:I don't understand why some of the people commenting on the message are still complaining. Al is a class act. Too bad some of his fans aren't.
mellow weasel wrote:Must be a very minor minority, because I read some comments (until I got bored) and none were negative.
algonacchick wrote:Lots of folks are complaining that he's not coming near them, even though he said not all of the dates have been posted. That just seems unfair, especially since he just explained why. It's not necessarily negative, but it's not classy, either.
Ok this is just mean. But maybe I am misunderstanding

1) DId anyone see AL explain how concert booking work before this? Because when AL said it "bears repeating" I think he meant he said this during other tours- and in other places other then Facebook.
2) Al has a bunch of new fans now who may not have been following him for years. Also to find places were he stated this before you might have to go into archives on the website or something. What did AL exactly mean by "bears repeating?" When did he say this before
3) I don't see what you guys see because I am not on Facebook.And I hate Facebook so I am going there. Did he announce this on his Facebook page and these fans might have missed it? And then he had to repeat it again or something?

I am confused and angry over this comment about certain people lacking class just because they might not have understood something. Or maybe they express themselves in a little different way then everyone else. I mean part of being an Al fan might involve some frustration over not getting to see him. That's normal. Some parts of the county has towns that RARELy book Al and some people just can't afford to travel. Some barely afford the tickets. I've known some fans that saved for months just to buy a 50.00 ticket for their area. It's not easy for everyone.

Some people( like me) are cognitively disabled. And if AL who is a genius can be patient with people who might not get things as easily...then so can you guys be.
Last edited by alsfan on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am severely learning disabled, This tends to trigger a bullying instinct. Please resist the urge to point out spelling grammar errors or twist my words so you can look good/smart/witty to other people. Be kind.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

alsfan edited his post, so I guess my response to the initial one is moot
Last edited by mellow weasel on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
alsfan

Post by alsfan »

mellow weasel wrote: You know what else isn't classy? This post of yours. Algonacchick overreacted a tiny bit, yes - she does that, because she's a sensitive person (there's no crime in that). So if she reads your comment, you might have just ruined her day, congratulations on your "class act".
Yeah I know actually. I re-read that and realized I may have misunderstood what was going on there so I edited it. I am sensitive to a few things to. Maybe I didn't get it. But that comment was eating at me all day. because I was one of the people who wrote AL and asked if he would come to my town. I wasn't complaining on Facebook but I WAS one of those people that didn't understand that he didn't pick where he toured. I get it now, glad he explained it, and won't be writing to ask him to come to my town anymore.

I am not going to get attacked and judged and not say anything. Because that wasn't fair. that wasn't nice. I know I am new. She called "us' not classy. I called her not classy.You called me not classy because you are her friend and she's not attacking you. Maybe the whole forum is going to attack me now and drive me out of here.

But I have to say something. Maybe I misunderstood. Maybe she misunderstood. I am trying to be calmer about it now. Can we talk about this?
I am severely learning disabled, This tends to trigger a bullying instinct. Please resist the urge to point out spelling grammar errors or twist my words so you can look good/smart/witty to other people. Be kind.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

alsfan wrote: 1) DId anyone see AL explain how concert booking work before this? Because when AL said it "bears repeating" I think he meant he said this during other tours- and in other places other then Facebook.
Yes, he mentioned that in several interviews that I've seen on youtube. I just tried to find one in which I remember he said it, but I can't remember its title... :(
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hi, alsfan. I am sorry if my reaction to the people still complaining about Al not coming near them after he explained about the tour schedule, and how he doesn't have control over where he plays upset you. It was not my intention. I suppose it is a bit unfair to call these people unclassy, but I'll stand by my statement saying they are being unfair. I really want to see him this tour, but so far, it's not in the cards. Perhaps my favorite venue will be added to the tour schedule. He almost always plays Meadowbrook. I will just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed. I don't want to drive you out of here, so please don't leave.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325