Your "Dream Setlist" for the Mandatory Fun Tour

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Your "Dream Setlist" for the Mandatory Fun Tour

Post by minnick27 »

I think DTBS is gone unless he gets new costumes made. The old ones literally fell apart on stage, they had to get the naugahide ones out of storage and they were too hot. I think NTTH is a given with the amount of suggestions I saw for that
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

I also saw a lot of suggestions for Hardware Store, but given the tempo/complexity of the lyrics I'd be really surprised if it ever gets performed live.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I'm anti-twitter, but it's things like this that make me wish I had it, I would have suggested some!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

DTBS and NTTH were definitely the big winners in the informal poll, followed by OMM, then with Hardware Store and Albuquerque tied, and then all the rest.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Muppetboy09 wrote:DTBS and NTTH were definitely the big winners in the informal poll, followed by OMM, then with Hardware Store and Albuquerque tied, and then all the rest.
I didn't see the poll, but I thought someone here somewhere said Germs had a lot of votes. I was getting excited for that! But I agree with OMM. Id love Albequerque but It would be too much for Al, I think. (I know he did it before but I thought it was a strain for him)
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

RunningWithScissors wrote:I didn't see the poll, but I thought someone here somewhere said Germs had a lot of votes. I was getting excited for that! But I agree with OMM. Id love Albequerque but It would be too much for Al, I think. (I know he did it before but I thought it was a strain for him)
Informal poll, as Al called it, was just a call for people to comment on the twitter post.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I think when Al said in that interview Jon posted that he'd be doing "two or three of the originals", he could've meant LCTF and My Own Eyes as the two sure bets (after all, we've already seen footage of him performing them) and he might be alternating NTTH with FWP or Mission Statement.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I'd rather see FWP over Mission Statement. Mission is my least favorite off Mandatory...
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Might just be me, but I wouldn't mind if he dropped Wanna Be Your Lover off the setlist and replaced it with another song...but I don't see it happening.

I'd be happy if Buy Me A Condo showed up on this tour, although I'd rather see Midnight Star... :F
RunningWithScissors
Regular

HappyGilmore wrote:Might just be me, but I wouldn't mind if he dropped Wanna Be Your Lover off the setlist and replaced it with another song...but I don't see it happening.

I'd be happy if Buy Me A Condo showed up on this tour, although I'd rather see Midnight Star... :F
*Coughs*onemoreminute*Coughs*

And Buy Me A Condo is one of those that I've always liked and thought I'd neeeever see live, so now I'm really excited for the possibility!!!

(Still bumbed I missed out on Frank a couple years ago, but glad I got to see YDLMA!)