Your "Dream Setlist" for the Mandatory Fun Tour

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Your "Dream Setlist" for the Mandatory Fun Tour

Post by minnick27 »

tomatochives wrote:This is less of a "dream" than it is a prediction:

NOW That's What I Call Polka!
Lame Claim To Fame
Perform This Way
Skipper Dan
Word Crimes
My Own Eyes
Medley: Beverly Hillbillies, Tacky, Ebay, Syndicated Inc., Another One Rides The Bus, I Love Rocky Road, First World Problems, Eat It
You Don't Love Me Anymore
Smells Like Nirvana
White & Nerdy
Amish Paradise
Fat

Encore: The Saga Begins/Yoda (although Jackson Park Express would make a killer finale)
First World Problems cant go in the medley since its an original. Also i see Tacky as a great audience interaction song.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Re: Your

Post by tomatochives »

minnick27 wrote:First World Problems cant go in the medley since its an original.
If not, then :foil:
minnick27 wrote:Also i see Tacky as a great audience interaction song.
Really? How so?
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

The Tacky video has Al and the cast moving throughout. When he performed the song on Conan, he walked though the backstage area and through the audience through the whole song. Having it as an audience number is a natural fit. He can also interact with both males and females, too.
Is my dude a dweeb?
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

Wizzerkat wrote:The Tacky video has Al and the cast moving throughout. When he performed the song on Conan, he walked though the backstage area and through the audience through the whole song. Having it as an audience number is a natural fit. He can also interact with both males and females, too.
Yeah, but there'd be no point to it. It's not like he's serenading anyone. (Unless he sought out the most distastefully dressed audience members. :lol: )
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

I think Tacky, Foil, and Word Crimes will be performed in full, while Inactive and Handy will be in the medley. Of the MF originals, My Own Eyes and Lame Claim to Fame are very likely to be performed. If Al got as far as writing any lyrics for Make It So, I'd love to hear it in the medley.

My dream encore would begin with the unplugged, Eric Clapton-y version of Eat It. The MTV Unplugged video would play earlier in the show, making the song feel like a "callback," much in the same way We All Have Cellphones was used on the SOL tour.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

The point Is audience interaction- fans go nuts for it. Would you rather have him stay on stage the whole time or have the excitement flow through you when he walks down your row? Audience interaction is part of what turns a concert into a performance, and why WBUL is so special. It's also almost like a Neil Patrick Harris award show thing.

Anyway Tacky Tacky Tacky #Tacky #WBUL #AudienceInteraction ##

Also I am super down for the return of concert only songs. And I second Sporkman. (T)
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Ooh! Homer and Marge would be an awesome medley song too! I think that with the new Hollywood Bowl lyrics it's justifiable enough as an "actual" Al song.

If they do Perform This Way in full again this tour, I hope they figure out something different for the costumes. The peacock suit is a funny visual for that moment in the video, and it was a good last-minute choice for the live performance given how little time they had to prepare between tour legs, but the song is just begging for a proper drag presentation. With more time to prepare, I'm sure Al's costume people can come up a more Gaga-esque drag outfit in Al's size.
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

Wouldn't it be cool if he threw in the Monk song from Galavant?

Somewhere in the middle of the show or during the Yoda chant... :lookaround:
mazarintaerte

Post by mazarintaerte »

I have read so many great wishes and dreams in here, but for me it would be ok if he "just" does a great show. ( :wordcrimes: , I know)
He has never been to continental Europe so this might be a first time for him and the fans as well. BTW: I don't consider UK being Europe. :nuke:
It sucks and that's no lie.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Here's what I would love to see

Gump (I know this won't be the opening but, that really was the best way to start the show!)
Now That's What I Call Polka!
Lame Claim To Fame
Frank's 2000" TV (I know he did this recently but, when I saw him, it was an off day of that. ... At least I got You Don't Love Me Anymore!)
First World Problems
Smells Like Nirvana
Like A Surgeon (Pleeeease?)
Tacky
Headline News (This IS the DREAM thread right??)
UHF
One More Minute

Melody: (Maybe not this order) Theme From Home Improvement (Again, DREAM!)/Foil/Another One Rides The Bus/I Love Rocky Road/Inactive/Stop Draggin' My Car Around/Livin' In The Fridge/Party In The CIA/I Lost Of Jeopardy!/Jurassic Park/Handy/Eat It

My Own Eyes
Amish Paradise
White And Nerdy
Word Crimes
Fat
The Saga Begins
Yoda