Your "Dream Setlist" for the Mandatory Fun Tour

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

drewdy9999
Regular

Re: Your "Dream Setlist" for the Mandatory Fun Tour

Post by drewdy9999 »

AccordionChick wrote: Yoda Chant leading into final verse of Albuquerque
Omg, sounds great!

Here's mine

I'll Repair For You
Handy
Hardware Store
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Now That's What I Call Polka
Word Crimes
Midnight Star
Smells Like Nirvana
First World Problems
My Own Eyes
Foil
Wanna B Ur Lovr
Medley: Gump Like A Surgeon Lasagna King of Suede Plumbing Song Isle Thing Another One Rides the Bus Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch Eat It

Amish Paradise
Mr. Popeil
White and Nerdy
Fat

Encore stays the same.

There's a bunch of songs I'd like him to do live but obviously he'd keep the bigger hits and of course add songs off this latest album, so that's out the window. I was stoked when he added Let Me Be Your Hog a couple years ago and when I saw him last year, seeing You Make Me made me happy.

Obviously he'd have more songs in the medley and will likely never add "Lunch", but I like it.
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

In your dreams! He hasn't played "European Hairstyles" since the Dare To Be Stupid tour!
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Alright, here's a totally realistic set they should and could do. Not actually a "dream" set but tried to include something from everything, keeping the alternate songs from before 'cause everybody wanted to hear them. Or instead of the alternate songs just picture Everything You Know Is Wrong in its place.

Now That's What I Call Polka!
Frank's 2000'' TV/You Make Me
Lame Claim To Fame
You Don't Love Me Anymore/Good Old Days
Smells Like Nirvana
First World Problems
Word Crimes (forgot to include this initially, could go anywhere)
Dare To Be Stupid *30th Anniversary*
CNR
My Own Eyes
Wanna B Ur Lovr OR One More Minute (bring it back)
Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies/Foil/Inactive/Canadian Idiot/Gump/I Love Rocky Road/Livin' In The Fridge/eBay/Another One Rides The Bus/Lasagna/I Lost On Jeopardy/Eat It
Living With A Hernia OR Dog Eat Dog
Amish Paradise
Handy
Tacky
White & Nerdy
Fat
The Saga Begins
Yoda
(perhaps cap it off with Albuquerque, would send all Al fans into a collective orgasm) Though with that set, not hearing Albuquerque live again would just be the normal basic set length)
Last edited by Yankomaniac on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Sorry, another thought I had was instead of the old alternate tracks before SLN, it would be a neat time for the band to play When I Was Your Age! I think they're at that age now where it would look extremely wicked to see that one done live.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Why would they keep the same set of rotating originals up near the beginning? Here's a safe bet: You Make Me, Frank's, Good Old Days, and YDLMA are probably not going to be part of the Mandatory Fun Tour. Which is great because it means there will be new deep cuts in the mix!!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Fingers crossed for NTTH. I was the first to suggest it on twitter and if Al plays it i will forever believe he did it just for me
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

If I were to guess, Al could easily be playing a rotation between something like The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota and Nature Trail To Hell. I was bored, and tallied up SEVERAL suggestions from when Al polled Twitter for older originals, and those were the most popular, barring the ones I knew wouldn't come back (like Frank's, You Make Me, One More Minute). I honestly don't think OMM will be back, because there will be no calling for it. Tacky and WBUL will be the "going into the audience" songs; a third one is sort of a lot.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I've been pushing for I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead, Everything You Know Is Wrong, and The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota for a long time.
Hoping any of those make it in!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

That's why I put Everything You Know Is Wrong in there as a new deep cut. I've always thought the alternate songs from last tour should have been played in every show anyways and I was assuming none of them will be played but that is part of my dream set. Anyways, just pretend it sais Everything You Know Is Wrong before Lame Claim To Fame, its just hard to say bye to those tracks. Dare To Be Stupid ties into the Mandatory Fun theme perfectly and it is the 30th ANNIVERSARY! I really don't think he will do more than one classic original near the beginning, if we're lucky.