Post by Wizzerkat »

Cool beans!
Is my dude a dweeb?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: WOWAY Awards

Post by TMBJon »

Just a reminder! Today's the deadline for presentations! I'm still missing a handful, but I trust you'll all get them to me today! Feel free to send via email (my username here at gmail) or through YouSendIt or MegaUpload!

Thanks to everyone who has sent in so far. All of the submissions have been amazing, and if that wasn't true I would say so anyway!! :D
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Yeah, I'm behind with this. Will try to submit something. If not today, perhaps tomorrow :#
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

On January 24, 2009, the WOWAY Awards will start at 8pm Eastern time. They should be over by 10pm Eastern.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

New announcement!

The WOWAY Awards will also feature a musical performance by...
Nuclear Bubble Wrap's weirdojace

:arrr: :cop: :santa: :mrt: :magic: :ninja: :viking:
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

:whoot:
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I've gotten a good deal of questions regarding the WOWAY Awards format, and I did say I'd address it so here goes.

For the last few weeks, I've been collecting presentations from various members of the forum, all of whom are listed on page 28 of this thread (with the We're Al Fans poster). Some have sent in text-based presentations, others have sent videos. On the night of the award show, I will create a new topic called WOWAY Awards: The Show. (Ideally a moderator/admin will sticky that for me when it happens.) Everything that happens in the Show thread will happen the way the show would be broadcast if it were on TV. In other words, everything that happens on "the stage" will be in that thread. Meanwhile, the Chit Chat thread will also be open and in that thread everyone can comment, congratulate, heckle the host/presenter, or otherwise respond to what's happening on the stage. Think of that thread as your temporary Twittersphere while watching the show. Of course, you can always use Twitter too, but if so let's get a #wowayawards hashtag going. (Maybe we'll trend??)

The show will start off with a performance from Throwing Toasters, and then I will give a little presentation of my own before throwing it to Elvis who will present the first award of the evening, Moderator of the Year. The way these presentations will work is: I have all videos uploaded to a private YouTube channel which I will unlock one by one during the show. Also, thanks to the powers that be, I have been granted video embedding privileges. So all of the videos you guys have sent in will appear right here in the thread, like this:

Cool, it worked!

I have not yet finalized the award presentation order, but I will get that out sometime in advance so you can try to be at the computer when your category comes up. As soon as a category presentation is made - and a winner is announced - that winner is entitled to enter the Show thread at any point in the future to make an acceptance speech, whether it's immediately after the announcement, or if the show has moved on five categories past yours, or for that matter a week after the WOWAY Awards happen. It will never be "too late" to post an acceptance speech.

Nearly all of the presentation videos will be posted by me since, as far as I know, Dave only gave me embedding privlidges. That is for the best anyway, because they are all private videos and I'll be operating the YouTube switches at the same time. The purpose of this is in case anyone can't make the show or forgets about it or is in the bathroom when it's their turn to present, I will be able to post everything for them. If any presenters who submitted something involving text would like to be the one to post their presentation, please let me know. I've already talked to one (or two) of you about this.

Let me know if you have any questions about the show, or if there's anything I forgot to address. I'll gladly take questions in this thread. Other than that, the whole point of all this is to have fun, laugh, see what your fellow forum members came up with for their presentations, and of course collect awards! The nominees are still posted in the first post of this thread, so make sure you check those out before the show. Which by the way is THIS SUNDAY, JANUARY 24, at 8PM EASTERN/5PM PACIFIC. You guys have sent in some really cool stuff so far, and I'm trying my best to do some cool things too. Hope you all enjoy it!
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Well, there is one presenter you have forgotten :F
Is my dude a dweeb?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Wizzerkat wrote:Well, there is one presenter you have forgotten :F
You're right!! uwvark!!! How could I have been so forgetgul? Thanks for reminding me, Wizzerkat!