Re: WOWAY Awards

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Best...whatever category I fall under! :great:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I am pretty close to having a definitive list of 27 categories for the WOWAY Awards. If anyone has any ideas for award categories that you'd like to see (serious suggestions, not just ones where you are guaranteed to win :sheep: ) please let me know.

I have already used some suggestions from this topic and other places ( :ph34r: ), and so far at least six or seven of these categories will be brand new to the WOWAY Awards.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

KRHbacon wrote:Best...whatever category I fall under! :great:
Most Annoying.
Silence will fall.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Heres' a category for ya..

Most likely to alienate their so called "friends" by quoting Al's lyrics non stop
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

Category suggestion- Best Member with 4+ 0s in their username.
dynaboyj
Occasional

Post by dynaboyj »

Best Song Review??? Maybe???
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Best candidate for Playboy magazine
Best candidate for Playgirl magazine
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Hey, "best couple that met on the forum"? There aren't that many :P
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

WOWAY Awards Update:

Starting on Monday, I will be posting the categories a few at a time for the nomination process. There will be 27 categories, some classic and some new ideas, many of which have taken from suggestions on this thread.

I don't know yet when the award show itself will happen, but I'm thinking a Sunday night down the road somewhere. Maybe in December. We'll talk. (T)

The nomination process will work like this:

I will post the new category of the day. Everyone who wants to can nominate one person other than themselves for that category. After that, anyone else can "second" someone else's nomination. This is the equivalent of saying "Me too" or "liking" something on Facebook. You can second as many nominations as you'd like. Once a nomination is seconded, it will become set in stone as one of the nominees for that category.

Here's an example of it might work. Say the category is Best Candidate for Playgirl Magazine.
Member 1: I nominate TMBJon.
Member 2: I nominate Grom.
Member 3: I second TMBJon and nominate KRHbacon.
Member 4: I second KRHbacon and nominate weirdalrocks.
Member 5: I second TMBJon and weirdalrocks!

In this case, TMBJon, KRHbacon, and weirdalrocks are all nominees for the category once voting opens up (after we finish all category nominations). Grom does not become a nominee because no one seconded the nomination. Side note - after an investigation, it turned out Member 2 was a Grom side account which explains how he was nominated in the first place.

If there are any questions about this process, please ask them here and I will do my best to answer them.

One question I had for the mods/admins: I seem to be getting this thread marked as read even if I haven't read it. If I read one subforum and go on to the next one without clicking WOWAY Awards, it marks this thread as read. I feel like that might get confusing for people and could result in them missing posts. If there's anything that can be done about that, it'd be great. Otherwise, cool.

On Monday I'll start posting categories for your consideration. Until then, questions await.
Last edited by TMBJon on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

WOWAY Awards: Nomination Process
Let's get it started, huh?

Starting today I will be posting a handful of Categories each day (number may vary) for voting. I'll briefly explain the category and then you will have a given amount of time to nominate and second suggestions for the category before it is closed. What do you all think is a fair window for leaving categories open? 24 hours? Two days?

Important Eligibility Note: The period of eligibility for this WOWAY Awards will be August 27, 2008 through November 15, 2009.

Special Bonus Feature: As administrator of this award show, I reserve the right to add up to one additional nominee per category without any further feedback. I will never do so to give myself an advantage in winning any award, only to balance out categories that seemed too heavily favored in one direction.

Anyway, on to today's categories:

First, we have two categories which will have no voting. The nominees are quite obvious for each category so I will save us all the time by listing the nominees myself and moving on to something else. These two categories represent the people in charge of making sure this forum is up and running every day and without problems. We, the members, may not agree with every decision they make. In fact, we may even deeply resent them. But, at the end of the day, they are the ones in charge and without them, this forum could not exist. Ladies and gentlemen, your nominees for Administrator and Moderator Of The Year are...

Administrator Of The Year
bermuda
Elvis
WHiZZi

Moderator Of The Year
anthontherun
Driew_La_27
Jigawatt
scottidog
the Dingo

Note: Names were presented in alphabetical order. "Weird Al" was excluded from the Administrator Of The Year category because, unless I am mistaken, Weird Al has never made any administrative decisions on this forum. Similarly, StanSqncrs was excluded from nomination for Moderator Of The Year.

No voting or nomination is necessary at this time for the above two categories.

The two categories we will be nominating today are as follows:

Avatar Of The Year - The avatar represents the only visual representation we have of each member in most cases. It is the 100 x 100 pixel image accompanying every single post on the fourm, and it is how we quickly identify who it is that has authored each post. This award will be presented to the forum member who has had the greatest avatar on this forum during the period of eligibility.

Signature Of The Year - The signature is the final note which follows every post and serves as a sign-off for the post's author. A great signature may simply make us laugh, cause us to reflect, or even capture the mood of the forum. Like Twitter, the limited amount of character space we have in our siglines causes us to construct a poignant thought which we carry with us throughout the forum. This award will be presented to the forum member who has made best use of the signature space.

Alright, that's it for today! Get nominating!! Remember the rules which are posted directly above this: an avatar or signature must be nominated and then seconded in order to officially be considered a WOWAY Awards nominee.