Parody or Polka song you wish was on Mandatory Fun?

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Parody or Polka song you wish was on Mandatory Fun?

Post by Killingsworth »

DiegoMcArthur wrote:It would have been cool to here a "Problem" parody or polka, same with Dark Horse, Any of Taylor Swift's new songs, and if not the let it go parody, maybe in include it in the polka, a little more direction would have been fun, surprised Al hasn't done any Adele yet.
It's a damn shame Al is likely not doing anymore polkas because Taylor Swifts' "Shake It Off" it pretty much tailor made for one. I have to believe Al may be considering something from her new album or a song like "All About That Bass" if he is planning a new iTunes single type release anytime soon.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

I'm surprised neither Adele nor Fun showed up on the album in some form.

Mandatory Fun my butt.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I thought 'The Fox' by Ylvis might have made it onto the polka medley.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Killingsworth wrote:
DiegoMcArthur wrote:It would have been cool to here a "Problem" parody or polka, same with Dark Horse, Any of Taylor Swift's new songs, and if not the let it go parody, maybe in include it in the polka, a little more direction would have been fun, surprised Al hasn't done any Adele yet.
It's a damn shame Al is likely not doing anymore polkas because Taylor Swifts' "Shake It Off" it pretty much tailor made for one. I have to believe Al may be considering something from her new album or a song like "All About That Bass" if he is planning a new iTunes single type release anytime soon.
You think that because Weird Al says he may not do the traditional album format anymore that he'll stop doing the polka medleys? or did he actually say something along those lines?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

According to his AMA...
Sorry to say, I'm not sure if there will be another recorded polka medley after the one on [Mandatory Fun]. They are a lot of work to put together (mostly for my manager, who has to deal with stacks of paperwork each time). But I think the polka medley will always be a part of the live show, so maybe it will just continue to evolve over time. This is all conjecture, of course... I have NO IDEA what I'm doing next.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Thanks. What's the AMA?
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Muldernscully wrote:Thanks. What's the AMA?
It's reddit thing, it means "Ask me anything". Here's Al's AMA and AMAA ("ask me anything again") :)
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

There have been many popular songs over the years that I have loved that I was surprised didn't make the cut. My favorite band and my ex second favorite band (Good first 3 albums, horrible 4th and 5th) have had many huge hits that I'm surprised were never parodied, (But one in a polka). In this one I'm even more surprised they wernt used.

I think that my biggest surprise in any polka was Polkarama! that was mainly songs from summer 04 to summer 05 didn't include Hollaback Girl. I thought that song was just asking to be parodied or at least polkaed. Then again, I guess Al tries not to go for the obvious.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

RunningWithScissors wrote:I think that my biggest surprise in any polka was Polkarama! that was mainly songs from summer 04 to summer 05 didn't include Hollaback Girl. I thought that song was just asking to be parodied or at least polkaed. Then again, I guess Al tries not to go for the obvious.
Al said in a Rolling Stone interview after SOL came out he considered doing a parody called "Holodeck Girl" in the interim between "You're Pitiful" and "White And Nerdy".
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Killingsworth wrote:
RunningWithScissors wrote:I think that my biggest surprise in any polka was Polkarama! that was mainly songs from summer 04 to summer 05 didn't include Hollaback Girl. I thought that song was just asking to be parodied or at least polkaed. Then again, I guess Al tries not to go for the obvious.
Al said in a Rolling Stone interview after SOL came out he considered doing a parody called "Holodeck Girl" in the interim between "You're Pitiful" and "White And Nerdy".
Ooh, that would have been awesome! Thanks for the info!