Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Re: Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Post by weird_el »

Word Crimes hit the Top 40! Big congratulations for that too. Four Top 40 hits in four decades -- nice!!
My inner chart geek is dancing :ttr: :onfire:
Testifying Chicken

Post by Testifying Chicken »

Congrats to Al and the band! :whoot:

Al was the first musician to really influence and inspire me as a kid. He not only exposed me to a diverse range of music but, more importantly, instilled the core belief that it's all supposed to be fun. It's immensely satisfying to see him still at the top of his game three decades later- long after most of the artists he's parodied have been forgotten.

Not bad for that guy who did "Eat It".
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

:party: CONGRATS WEIRD AL!!!! This is truly and amazing accomplishment in a long career! I can't believe that he is one of three artist to have top 40 singles since the 1980's. The other two artist are Madonna and Michael Jackson. This is not only a victory for Weird Al and his band, its a victory for US! The fans, who have stuck by even during the hard times.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

This is amazing....HUGE congratulations from a fan who has followed you since "Eat It" (when I was 10 years old). So happy to see you finally get the #1 album (and the national accolades that go along with it) that you have long-deserved!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

To me, the best part of the last few days is that you could feel the genuine excitement, surprise, and gratitude increasing more and more with each tweet, Facebook status, and tv appearance by Al or TBITB. The string of tweets this morning (Especially the one about how Al didn't even see this as a possibility two weeks ago) were some of the "realest" tweets I've ever read.

Guys, congratulations again, and thank you not just for MF, but for every album, every video, UHF, Concord in 2011, Keene in 2013, and every other time in between that I could be along for the ride :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Wait, there's a new album out? :huh:

:P

Mandatory congratulations to Al and the band! Well deserved! :whoot: :yay: :clap:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

Al!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your album that was #1 LONG before Billboard called it #1 on the charts!

This is such a beautiful day in your career, and in our lives as your fans...
Ever since we "met" you through your music (no matter how long or short a time it's been-- only 2 years, for me!), you have been spreading an addictive joy in your work.
A joy that we can see and hear you putting into every song you've ever parodied or created, and addictive in how we just KEEP hitting the stores and iTunes and mp3 stores for more!

Mandatory Fun was and still is an incredible experience-- after #8videos8days I can not WAIT to go buy the album!

Thank you, Al, and be happy, be proud -- today is YOUR DAY!
We love you! <3 <3 <3
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Al, Jon, Jim, Steve and Ruben-as well as everyone else noted on all the liner notes and behind the scenes at the concerts-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

#1!!!!!
RockerChickLovesAl
Addicted

Post by RockerChickLovesAl »

Congratulations to Al and the boys!! There is no one that deserves this more than you guys. I'm so proud of all of you. I'm getting weepy again just remembering Al's tweets from this morning. What an incredible week this has been for all of us. Thank you for giving us an incredible new album and for all the joy that you bring into our lives.

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

Congratulations Al & TBITB!

:whoot: :great: :yay: :clap:
Every time I use my brain I get in trouble.