Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Moderator: Moderators

Wolfman
Occasional

Re: Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Post by Wolfman »

Congratulations again to Al, Bermuda, Kimo, and Steve for this wonderful and much deserved accomplishment!
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

TMBJon wrote:Congratulations to Al and the band on this unbelievable milestone!!! You made an album that is truly worthy of being number one.
This feels like vindication for all the years I've been made fun of for liking Weird Al as much as I do.
Quoting Jon because this pretty much sums up what I was coming here to say. At least for the past week, the rest of the country saw what we've been talking about this whole time! :ttr:

CONGRATS!
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

HUGE congrats to Al and TBITB! This is totally deserved! The album rocks and now more people than ever know the wonderfulness of Al! On a personal note, I have had a crazy week (and there is still like 2 weeks left!) and listening to this album and seeing all of the Al has received in the press such has made things just a bit less stressful. Al's music make people happy and we're all happy to see good things happen to a good guy!
Is my dude a dweeb?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Congrats to Al, Jon, Steve, Jim and Ruben!! Well deserved! I am so proud of you!!! Much love! <3
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Huge congrats to Al, the Band, and everyone else involved with this album! All of your hard work has truly paid off. I am so happy for Al and the Band right now!
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: NO ONE deserves this more than Al and the band. Having a 30+ year career making any kind of music is impressive, but making funny music is doubly so. Maybe it took the deluge of mediocre (and worse) YouTube parodists to make everyone else realize just how hard what they do really is. Beyond Al's meticulous approach to writing and composing silly tunes about lunatics, food and the foibles of society, the band treats the material with equal reverence, working hard to be the musical chameleons Al needs them to be.

Like many here, I first knew Al from "Eat It." When I heard it as a kid, it was like a switch went on in my brain: Things don't have to be the way everyone else says. Things can be whatever way we want them to be. Grandiose for a song about a kid who won't eat? Maybe, but that's what Al gave me. And I'm glad to finally be able to be a small part of giving him this.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
EVEN RUBEN WHO DIDN'T REALLY DO ANYTHING FOR IT!!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Skippy wrote:CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
EVEN RUBEN WHO DIDN'T REALLY DO ANYTHING FOR IT!!!
Hey, he did play on the Conan appearance, which probably helped move a few copies of the album...
Plus he showed up the day of the photo shoot.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

TMBJon wrote: Plus he showed up the day of the photo shoot.
True. He could've totally bailed and then there'd be weird voids in all the pics.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

congratulations to Al and the band for this huge milestone! it is very nice to finally be able to say that I listen to music that is popular! I never thought I'd see an album that would challenge Bad Hair Day for my favorite Weird Al cd, but this album has come very close.
taste is only something if it is yours.
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

Congratulations to Al and the band for finally being recognized for their hard work and talents! I am so happy to finally have this day come!
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta