Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Post by Teh Dingo »

Elvis wrote:Wait, there's a new album out? :huh:

Yep. It's called "YES!"...you should get it.....it has a chance to be #1! :whoot:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

Not sure there's much more to be said that hasn't already been covered by everyone else, but WOW! CONGRATS AL & BAND! I'm still in shock, but at the same time, not at all surprised.
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Congrats to all involved in the creation of this incredible album. Well deserved. Even in the Netherlands it was in the entertainment section of the news (very briefly) :D
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Congratulations to Al and the band as well as everyone else who made the release of Mandatory Fun possible!

You guys have worked so hard for so many years doing the kind of music you do (especially on this album) and you never let anyone stop you from making a career doing what you really love in life. It all finally paid off just a little over three decades later!

I can't think of anyone who deserves such a distinct honor as much as you guys!

Thank you all SO much for serving as stellar role models and inspirations to every single member of this forum. Thank you for bringing so much joy, humor and goodwill into all of our lives through the music you've all consistently produced together for the past 32+ years.

Thanks so much! Keep doing what you guys do and here's hoping for an eventual #1 SINGLE in the post record contract era!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Well Done. I never doubted you had it in you :) Just surprised it didn't happen to every album from RWS onwards
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

I've been a member of Team Yankovic for the last 15 years, ever since I heard The Saga Begins when I was 7. As someone else mentioned, there has been no other constant in my life for as long as my love of Al's music. Even though Al's persona has always had a personal meaning to me (Being "Weird" is invariably a better and more interesting way to be than "Normal," as it celebrates the uniqueness of the individual), it is still truly a joy to see one of my heroes, often overlooked or marginalized, be recognized by all this week not only for his awesome new album, but for his entire career.

To Al, Jon, Steve, Jim, and Ruben and their families and friends who support them, Congratulations! Celebrate not only your #1 album, but the impact and joy you've brought to generations of people.
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Congratulations Al (as well as Bermuda, Steve, Jim, and Ruben), you've earned it :Y
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

"Congratulations, you have a sense of humor. And to those who didn't: Go stick your head in the mud."

Jesse Ventura

or:

"Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken."

Yogi Berra

May you have all the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters you can handle, and my your infinitives never be split.

Squirrelygirl (aka Linda Ward), who has been told at least 3 times today by friends about your new NUMERO UNO status.
HAAS
Occasional

Post by HAAS »

Al & TBITB, congratulations and thank you! No matter what you charted you've always brought joy & a smile to my face. Though this may be the last time we get to anticipate a new ALbum, we'll still be anticipating hearing whatever parody or pastiche you put out there. Since sitting in my friends basement listening to Polka Party! Over & over on cassette, and not really knowing who "Weird Al" was, by the time Off the Deep End came out I had to get everything Al (on cassette). Alapalooza was the first CD I bought and I am so proud of you and all the hard work you put forth with every album. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

I should also thank my wife for putting up with my obsession over the past few weeks, thank you love!
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

My obligatory congrats:

Congratulations to Al and everyone involved in the making of this album! It's been a 31-year wait to get to this point, but what a way to end a contract! I've been a fan of Al's music for half my life (a little over a decade now), and to have a week like the one we just had is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Whatever distribution method Al chooses to share new music with us in the future, he and TBITB will have my full support. See you in concert! :accordion: