Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Post by Teh Dingo »

What it says on the tin, folks.

Let's all use this topic for congratulations and to send thank yous to Al, Jim, Steve, Bermuda, Ruben, the people who worked on the videos, the actors and extras from the videos, all the guest musicians on Mandatory Fun, and everyone in between that I'm forgetting :whoot: :whoot: :whoot: :whoot:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Re: Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Post by Apocaloso »

CONGRATULAZIONI!!! :lol:
Finally! The time has come!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

:onfire: Virtual hugs for everyone who worked on the album and the videos - and that kind of hug with both arms and legs for Al! :D Thank you!

I'm also glad that people recognize good humour when they see it after all. Faith in humanity, well, if not restored, then improved significantly! :great:
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Congratulations to everyone involved. It is certainly a huge accomplishment and truly amazing.

It's kind of funny, because after it was pretty much confirmed yesterday and after I leftwork, I had plans of going to Best Buy and picking up another copy of the album to celebrate ... but, my local Best Buy was OUT OF STOCK! I guess that's what happens when you have the NUMBER ONE ALBUM IN AMERICA!! Although I was disappointed I couldn't leave the store with another copy, I didn't really mind this example of a first world problem.

Congratulations again! :whoot:
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Huge congratulations to Al et al! A long time coming and well-deserved achievement. Bless them.
I'll be savoring this joy. :D
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for doing what you do. This was the best album in years and it completely deserves the Billboard #1 debut. Absolutely great videos (and video strategy) overall this time around, great job to everyone involved in them!

But especially to Al and the band, after 30 years and still going strong - your hard work has always mattered to us here in our tiny corner of the Internet, but it's so awesome to see you getting more mainstream recognition than ever before.

Congratulations, and thank you again. :)
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Congratulations to everyone involved! It's hard to think of someone or something that's been a constant in my life for the past 25 years, aside from family, but Weird Al's music is at the top of the list. It's rare that an artist releases an album 30 years into his career that's just as good as "the one that came out when you were 12" but he and the band knocked it out of the park on this one. Thanks again, guys!!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Congrats to everyone involved! You all deserved this! :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
And Peggy
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Congrats to Al and the Band. It's been a long ride, but you guys finally did it!!!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Congratulations to Al and the band on this unbelievable milestone!!! You made an album that is truly worthy of being number one.
This feels like vindication for all the years I've been made fun of for liking Weird Al as much as I do.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.