Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Mandatory Congratulations Topic

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Here is the first video of Al since hitting number one. He legitimately is choked up. Congrats, guys!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYc4KRpXB6o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

I've been getting a bit choked up, just seeing Al's reaction while watching that. I mean when you think about the facts and numbers behind this, it's probably hard for most Woway members to not get close to shedding a single tear or to get misty eyed. I hate to sound so pessimistic, but after White and Nerdy, I kinda felt Al had just hit the high point for the rest of his remaining career, and I kind of suspect Al may have thought that too. I even think it may have been a fact even Al came to terms with, which was probably a bit depressing. After all the people on the web, and elsewhere, have brushed Al off as something less than a "real" musician, too or as a "hack", Al has basically just been acknowledged as something more than that. And to see Al being blown away with this release, I can't even express my emotions about all of this. I am just so incredibly at peace.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

quantumerror wrote:I hate to sound so pessimistic, but after White and Nerdy, I kinda felt Al had just hit the high point for the rest of his remaining career, and I kind of suspect Al may have thought that too. I even think it may have been a fact even Al came to terms with, which was probably a bit depressing. After all the people on the web, and elsewhere, have brushed Al off as something less than a "real" musician, too or as a "hack", Al has basically just been acknowledged as something more than that. And to see Al being blown away with this release, I can't even express my emotions about all of this. I am just so incredibly at peace.
You aren't the only one. I felt that way too.

It's funny. My second Al concert, when he played Keene, NH last year, was exactly a week before his show at Bonnaroo. To go from such a small theater in a small town to the biggest show he ever played, you got the sense that maybe, MAYBE, it was coming back.

It's just so amazing to see that it did.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Here is a longer clip, from Tom Green's youtube page - http://youtu.be/-iH_FO1_Ofk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just seeing how genuinely touched he was by this is so heart-warming. So well deserved. I wish I could give him a big hug and tell him "Congrats". :hug: :inlove:
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I share Al's joy. He's not just a favorite artist, but he's also a favorite person who deserves all the good that comes his way.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

algonacchick wrote:Here is a longer clip, from Tom Green's youtube page - http://youtu.be/-iH_FO1_Ofk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for posting that Patti! It was real nice getting to see his full reaction, it just makes me want to go give Al a big hug and pat on the back.
MinnieWeirdo2714

Post by MinnieWeirdo2714 »

To the entire groups of people that have ever worked on a project with Weird Al and his band including albums and live shows, I would like to say :mahalo: .
To Weird Al, Jim, Steve, Reuben, and Bermuda, I express my biggest congratulations to all of you. You most definitely deserve it. I am uncertain if Weird Al and the band will peak in here with their busy schedule. However I hope they do get the opportunity to see and/or hear about these posts.
To Bermuda specifically: In regards to a conversation, :sorry: , :imstupid: in regards to how I responded, and :please: forgive me. The truth is, no one can replace you because the band would be lost without you. I am too as a fan. I have seen you at work and you amaze me. You truly have gone beyond Neil Peart and carved out your own niche with percussion. I came on here and ran into the drum world forum. I had no inclination whatsoever, that you have added admin for a few places to your list of responsibilities. (Tour, recording, workshops, videos, live performances, the occasional social networks etc.) Wow! I did go against someone else's better judgement as well to pull some strings for you regarding tour. You and the band are always RIGHT THERE backing what you believe in. So, I returned the gesture. I hope when you guys have more time, you'll venture on here and see the fan site listed under my avatar. (Also posting it to the links list.)

( :offtopic: slightly. Sorry about that.) I would give hugs. However, I don't want to make any of you feel uncomfortable. So, just ask if you see me on tour.

Angel
"Sometimes we are hurt when our true friends commit mistakes. We should just forgive them and only remember how they supported us when we needed them the most." -Aarti Khurana-
babadavis1
Occasional

Post by babadavis1 »

There is proof that the world is not all bad, and that perhaps we're not on a road to mutual destruction after all. 'Mandatory Fun' as #1 album is a beacon shining in the darkness, saying, 'Please, everybody...stop being so uptight and stupid.' Thank you, Al.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Nice work all... Way to go out with a bang :)
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Love it, never saw it coming!!

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..