What's your favorite video so far? (ALL 8 VIDEOS)

Moderator: Moderators

What's your favorite video so far?

Tacky
12%
Word Crimes
10%
Foil
42%
Handy
No votes
Sports Song
No votes
First World Problems
16%
Lame Claim to Fame
14%
Mission Statement
6%

Total votes: 50

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: What's your favorite video so far? (ALL 8 VIDEOS)

Post by Kevbo1987 »

"Foil" is still my absolute favorite. It still cracks me up no matter how many times I watch it.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Wolfman
Occasional

Post by Wolfman »

I'll have to go with the overall opinion here. "Foil" is simply divine! It harkens back to early-Al while being clever and original enough to set it among his most recent brilliant achievements.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

I was pretty Meh about First World Problems, but the video elevated the song for me to the 100th power.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

Reading all of this stuff is really making me want to make a fan version of Mission Statement.
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
Aedriane
Occasional

Post by Aedriane »

AlejandraDD wrote:I was pretty Meh about First World Problems, but the video elevated the song for me to the 100th power.
The very same happened with me.

As for my overall favorite, Foil wins out. Tacky was pretty close, though.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Tacky

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Unrelated directly to this topic, but going off of a past discussion that was sparked in the previous video thread...
Skippy wrote:
drewdy9999 wrote: In these cases, there's not usually many hints regarding said character is aware they're singing a parody - Achy Breaky Song may be the closest I could think of.
I think "Achy Breaky Song" could be considered Al himself, singing about the original song but not necessarily aware that he is singing a parody. I know that sounds a little weird, but I think it's different from the interpretation of "Handy" as a handyman who is parodying "Fancy" for an ad or the "Foil" Al, who is aware he is singing a food parody before he decides to go off on a conspiracy rant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdcatHKZNT8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This video from Comic-Con recently surfaced (Thanks, louietheweaselfaceddogboy!) and it offers some interesting (and humorous) incite as to what perspective "Achy Breaky Song" is being sung from.
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

I HAD to vote for Tacky, 'cause it's been my addiction since day one. *u*

But Foil is ALL KINDS OF BRILLIANT AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH. <3 wah. Impossible decision!
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
Troodon
Occasional

Post by Troodon »

To be honest it depends how you ask the question for me lol... because my favorite video, only based on the qualities of the video and not taking the song into account, would have to be "Tacky"; I just love one-shot videos and it's done so well (appropriately enough, the original music video for the song "Tacky" is a parody of was also one-shot). But if you're asking about the whole video + song package, I'd have to go with "Mission Statement." The music, lyrics, and animated whiteboard drawing just go so well together.

Based on song only, "Tacky" is my favorite parody on the album and "Mission Statement" is my favorite original.

"Foil" gets honorable mention though for both the song and video. I honestly didn't see the "twist" coming lol... up to about the 1 minute mark I was thinking "yeah this is OK, but this isn't really that inspired..." then it took a completely different turn which redeemed the whole thing.
terpsichore
Occasional

Post by terpsichore »

Tacky! it's such a fun video (and i love seeing a bunch of people shamelessly rocking outfits that look like the things i wear everyday :P )

it was too hard to pick just one...it's really a tie between Tacky and First World Problems.