Mandatory Fun Video General Chit Chat

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Re: Mandatory Fun Video General Chit Chat

Post by Wizzerkat »

weird_el wrote:I think the most expensive one so far is Word Crimes unless the Tacky celebs charged outrageous fees.
I would imagine that the celebs either charged very little or nothing at all. Al is friends with Eric Stonestreet and Margaret Cho is a huge Al fan to start with. I doubt either of those got paid much if at all.
Is my dude a dweeb?
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Word Crimes might not have been that expensive, actually, despite it's amazing production quality. It was still the work of a single animator who hasn't done a lot of previous commercial work. (His most famous work, the video for Jonathan Coulton's Shop Vac was actually made as a fan video -- JC didn't commission it.) I'm sure Al gave him fair compensation for the incredible work he did, but his rate probably isn't as high as it could be once he gets a few more big projects under his belt.
Taniman

Post by Taniman »

I can't wait on Mission Statement. My favorite song on the album by far.
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

Well, now that all 8 videos are officially out, I just wanted to say how impressed I am. It was a genius move by Al to a- partner with so many different websites, artists & celebs to get these videos made without breaking the bank, and b- release them one at a time over the course of 8 days. That built up an incredible amount of anticipation and it resulted in so many instant classics, and so many jokes and references that demand multiple re-watches. And obviously it really paid off! Still keeping my fingers crossed for the #1 spot, but #2 would be incredible and unprecedented too, so either way, HIGH FIVES TO AL AND THE BAND!
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

So I watched the music videos for some of the songs parodied on the album, and I must ask, do any of the (parody) music videos spoof the music videos for the songs they parodied? Because it seems most of them don't. The Tacky music video seems close to it, but I would have expected the Happy video to also be one long take (or appear to be one long take).
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

weird user wrote:So I watched the music videos for some of the songs parodied on the album, and I must ask, do any of the (parody) music videos spoof the music videos for the songs they parodied? Because it seems most of them don't. The Tacky music video seems close to it, but I would have expected the Happy video to also be one long take (or appear to be one long take).
The 24-hour version of the "Happy" video looks as though it's one-take. The "Word Crimes" video uses the same color palette and hashtag motif as the original. Al's hairstyle and the framing of the first shot in the "Foil" video are reminiscent of the "Royals" video. Al and Bermuda are dressed as members of SCOTS in the "Lame Claim to Fame" video. That's about all I can think of.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

The Sporkman wrote: The 24-hour version of the "Happy" video looks as though it's one-take. The "Word Crimes" video uses the same color palette and hashtag motif as the original. Al's hairstyle and the framing of the first shot in the "Foil" video are reminiscent of the "Royals" video. Al and Bermuda are dressed as members of SCOTS in the "Lame Claim to Fame" video. That's about all I can think of.
Pixies' videos are super low budget, as is FWP, so there's that. Not much, and probably a coincidence, but that's never stopped us from declaring something a "27."