Mandatory Fun Chit Chat Topic

Moderator: Moderators

jacobpacek
Regular

Re: Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates

Post by jacobpacek »

Apparently "Word Crimes" leaked before the whole album did. I'm not sure how everyone missed that.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Hey! iTunes may have spelled his name wrong, but at least the way they spelled it is a common mistake! http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/mu ... -1.8742026 this is just ridiculous!
Let me be your stripper.

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

:lol: That's a new one! I guess 31 years just isn't enough time for the media to learn his name. :rolleyes:
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Was reading through the booklet that comes with the CD, and in the Thank You sections, I believe there are some hints to who is directing or producing music videos.
Spoiler:
Maker Studios, MC Lars, Jarret Heather, Jonathan Coulton, Liam Lynch, Brian Wisniewski, TruScribe, College Humor, Spencer Griffin, Jon Wolf, Funny or Die, Nerdist, and also lists people appearing in Tacky, followed by Emo Phillips, BJ Novak, Jennifer Chan, Brent Smith, Ryan Anderson
Don't know if ALL of these people listed are involved, but they are all featured in the section relating to music videos.
One name in that list really makes me smile:
Spoiler:
EMO PHILLIPS!!!

I wonder what video he'll be involved with? I wonder if he'll be reprising his role from "UHF" in the video for "Handy." He was a shop teacher in that scene! But then, I wonder why Eddie Pepitone isn't listed there... Maybe he'll be doing the TI or Pharrell part if "Word Crimes" is live action. So many possibilities!

Also, I love how Al has teamed up with three of the biggest Internet comedy sites (Nerdist, CH, and FoD) for these videos rather than relying on artists that aren't as widely known. Very smart move!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Bruce the Duck wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:Was reading through the booklet that comes with the CD, and in the Thank You sections, I believe there are some hints to who is directing or producing music videos.
Spoiler:
Maker Studios, MC Lars, Jarret Heather, Jonathan Coulton, Liam Lynch, Brian Wisniewski, TruScribe, College Humor, Spencer Griffin, Jon Wolf, Funny or Die, Nerdist, and also lists people appearing in Tacky, followed by Emo Phillips, BJ Novak, Jennifer Chan, Brent Smith, Ryan Anderson
Don't know if ALL of these people listed are involved, but they are all featured in the section relating to music videos.
One name in that list really makes me smile:
Spoiler:
EMO PHILLIPS!!!

I wonder what video he'll be involved with? I wonder if he'll be reprising his role from "UHF" in the video for "Handy." He was a shop teacher in that scene! But then, I wonder why Eddie Pepitone isn't listed there... Maybe he'll be doing the TI or Pharrell part if "Word Crimes" is live action. So many possibilities!

Also, I love how Al has teamed up with three of the biggest Internet comedy sites (Nerdist, CH, and FoD) for these videos rather than relying on artists that aren't as widely known. Very smart move!
I agree. And I feel that the three sites you mentioned will all produce live action videos, so that's super awesome!
Spoiler:
He probably didn't list the people who were in "Handy" because the CDs/liner notes were being printed when the video was in production.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Way_Moby wrote:
Spoiler:
He probably didn't list the people who were in "Handy" because the CDs/liner notes were being printed when the video was in production.
Spoiler:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Which means Emo is in one of the other videos... "Word Crimes" Please let it be "Word Crimes!"

Actually, I find it a little weird that he thanks the people involved with the videos on the album liner notes when the album doesn't contain the videos at all. But I suppose the videos are the biggest source of publicity for the album itself, so that makes it appropriate.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Spoiler:
Hmm... Jarret Heather is best known for his kinetic typography video for Jonathan Coulton's "Shop Vac." So I think we can look forward to another SFTCTM-style lyric video.
WalterWhite

Post by WalterWhite »

The Sporkman wrote:
Spoiler:
Hmm... Jarret Heather is best known for his kinetic typography video for Jonathan Coulton's "Shop Vac." So I think we can look forward to another SFTCTM-style lyric video.
Wondering if that will be the "Word Crimes" video... That might actually make a lot of sense.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

WalterWhite wrote:
The Sporkman wrote:
Spoiler:
Wondering if that will be the "Word Crimes" video... That might actually make a lot of sense.
Oh god I sure hope not...how would that make sense?
Let me be your stripper.

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

As it is now officially release day, and the album is available digitally, nobody has to use spoiler tags! Hurray!