Mandatory Fun Chit Chat Topic

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Mandatory Fun Chit Chat Topic

Post by TMBJon »

Most acts that get into the Rock Hall are has beens who don't have record deals anymore. Look who got in this year. I think almost none of them have record contracts.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Eh. What does the Rock Hall know about rock 'n' roll anyway? Their hours are 10am - 9pm. Doesn't sound very rockin' to me.
Cameron the Taco
Occasional

Post by Cameron the Taco »

Does anybody know what font is used on the album cover?
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Muppetboy09 wrote:I am really hoping for a Grammy win. He deserved to win for Internet Leaks, but he deserves to win EVEN MORE for Mandatory Fun!
I wasn't sure how I felt about him possibly getting a Grammy for Internet Leaks... it was just an EP, after all. But I really wanted to see Alpocalypse win.

I don't know how I feel about MF compared to the last few Weird Al albums (PH, SOL, Alp, and MF would all come extremely close if I had to rank them), but due to the sheer impact MF had, I'm positive it's going to be nominated, and optimistic that it will win for Best Comedy Album. I could also possibly see Tacky being nominated for some music video category due to its impressive one-shot tactic.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I think there is an excellent chance that MF wins a Grammy. As far as comedy albums go, this one was rather historic. I believe I read that while it was the first comedy album to go to #1 since 1963, it was the first comedy album ever to debut at #1. I'd say that deserves a Grammy.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

who would he be competing against in the comedy category?
taste is only something if it is yours.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Patton Oswalt released a fantastic comedy CD this year.
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Anyone else have the post-MF blahs? It kind of feels like the few hours after your morning coffee gives you that quick boost, and then you just crash. It's like we had that incredible build-up to the album, with all our speculation and anticipation. . .then the album and 8 videos fly at us all at once and Al is hitting #1 on Billboard and all over the media, and we're all basically just engulfed in Al almost 24-7 for a couple weeks. Then it kinda stops all at once. Yes, we're left with a great album (that I've already worn out listening to), but it's a little sad that we may have to go at least another year before we get any new Al material. At least we should get a tour in 2015.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Big Spoon wrote:Patton Oswalt released a fantastic comedy CD this year.

The only other big names in terms of stand_ups I can think of off the top of my head are Doug Benson and the Sklar Brothers, and I don't think either of them have ever been nominated, so they probably won't factor in much. But it's early....I think I saw Bob Odenkirk has something coming out soon, for instance.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I really should say that we might have some competition from the for-charity comedy CD I interned for, but it really isn't that great. Minus a handful of tracks, most of it isn't that funny...

But shh, don't let anyone know told you that...
And Peggy