Lines that made you laugh out loud

Moderator: Moderators

drewdy9999
Regular

Lines that made you laugh out loud

Post by drewdy9999 »

So one thing that is significant about a new Weird Al release, at least that I've noticed, is that you laugh out loud in reaction to many of the lines in the songs. I mean, I'll re-listen to a Weird Al song for years and years to come, but it's usually only the first time where I actually make an audible reaction. So here's some of my favorite lines from MF:

-Handy: "Let me be your stripper"
-Lame Claim to Fame: "I posted 'FIRST!' in the comments on a YouTube video"
-Word Crimes: "What's a contraction?"
-Now That's What I Call Polka!: All of Best Song Ever, including its transition into Gangnam Style
-Now That's What I Call Polka!: The repetition of "We're up all night to get lucky"
-Tacky: "Got my new resumé, it's printed in Comic Sans"
-Jackson Park Express: "I like your boobs" (I laughed the hardest at this one)

These are certainly not the only lines I found funny on MF (some songs, like Foil, I found more humorous as a whole than some of the ones mentioned, without any individual line being above the rest). They are, however, the ones that had the biggest punch, at least for me. I'd love to hear the ones you all laughed out loud at!!
Last edited by drewdy9999 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
weirdalex1311

Re: Lines that made you laught out loud

Post by weirdalex1311 »

So many I can think of...but I'll try narrow it down.

Handy - "glue/screw dat, glue/screw dat"
Lame Claim to Fame - the Youtube comment line, and the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon reference
Foil - maybe I didn't actually laugh out loud, but I did have a big ol' grin for most of the song
A lot of Sports Song. Especially just since I'm in a college band right now.
Word Crimes - a lot of it, but the main parts were "meow", "aw psych!", and the contraction part
Now That's What I Call Polka! - all of the effects (particularly in "Pumped Up Kicks" and "Scream and Shout"), "it's large!" in Thrift Shop, and the get lucky repetition
First World Problems - the sounds at the very end for some reason
Tacky - pretty much all of it. Mainly because I know people associated with most of the lines unfortunately...
Jackson Park Express - boobs, skin suit, driver's test, goat, chicken, whatever.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

weirdalex1311 wrote:"meow", "aw psych!"
What? Am I missing something? I don't remember those lines.
weirdalex1311

Post by weirdalex1311 »

They're just a couple of the lines in the background after main lines. I'm always a sucker for those for some reason... "meow" is after "nomenclature" and "psych" is after "sarcastic".
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

"I saw a baby drive a truck."

Don't ask me why.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Pretty much every line in My Own Eyes is laugh out loud funny if you actually imagine the events described.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

The title of this thread being a word crime...
taste is only something if it is yours.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

weirdalex1311 wrote:They're just a couple of the lines in the background after main lines. I'm always a sucker for those for some reason... "meow" is after "nomenclature" and "psych" is after "sarcastic".
Wow, missed those completely. "Meow" is pretty funny after going back and hearing it. The background noises in NTWICP I thought were great.

Oh, forgot one line that made me lol: "Or your name is Prince!"
Funny for several reasons. You're expecting 'Kevin', Prince puts unnecessary numbers in his songs, and the history between Al and Prince (Prince not having any sense of humor) makes it fantastic.
drewdy9999
Regular

Re: Lines that made you laugh out loud

Post by drewdy9999 »

Well, Well, Well wrote:The title of this thread being a word crime...
Oops, fixed! That was a purely a mistake from typing and hitting an extra letter, not a grammar mistake. I was not trying to say 'laughed', I sware! :D
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I like the "aw psych" thing too. Something about the way Al says that just makes me laugh.

Other lines that stand out (just paraphrasing cause I don't feel like looking them up:

Foil: The realization of the twist - "I made this hat..."
Sports Song: Pointing out the figurative language
Word Crimes: doing good vs doing well; the "literally" section; It was fantastic; That was sarcastic; Cause you write like a spastic; Prince (biggest laugh of the entire album for me!)
My Own Eyes: the part about the lemonade
NOW: "sexy lady," the noise after "let it all out," the part at the end of "Best Song Ever"
Inactive: "Don't tag my toe; I'm still alive"
Tacky: Zombie line; "Are you pregnant girl or just really fat?"
JPE: driving test (best line of the song); "I like your boobs"; "but not in a creepy way"; really the whole song.