Lines that made you laugh out loud

Moderator: Moderators

remmy
Regular

Re: Lines that made you laugh out loud

Post by remmy »

One of the most delayed-reaction laugh lines for me was "I swear Jack Nicholson looked right at me at a Lakers game". More often than not, Nicholson wears sunglasses to Lakers games!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

remmy wrote:One of the most delayed-reaction laugh lines for me was "I swear Jack Nicholson looked right at me at a Lakers game". More often than not, Nicholson wears sunglasses to Lakers games!!
Yes!! This line got me on the first listen, possibly my favorite Lame Claim in the song.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I went jogging tonight and played the whole album, singing along to the bits and pieces I know. When I got to the line, "I watched him die from Bieber fever" in "My Own Eyes," I had to stop because I was laughing so hard it hurt my stomach.
tankgirl73

Post by tankgirl73 »

Biggest LOL of the album was absolutely I like your boobs.

Other good ones from JPE are the nose looking just slightly better than the rest of your face; do you want my HP printer; goat, chicken, whatever; like a tapeworm; and the whole bit about the children they could have "we could school em at home, raise them up the right way, and protect them from the evils of the world - like trigonometry and prime numbers". Because we're homeschoolers! :lol:

Most of Word Crimes *still* makes me LOL, not just on the first listen. Probably the Oxford Comma and "it's apparent your grammar's errant you're incohorent" are my favourite lines. Your name is Prince is up there too. And SOME CUNNING LINGUIST. And the background bits -- 'aw psych' has been mentioned, but I also just love "I hate them crimes... I mean those crimes"

Po Po Po Po... Polka Gangnam style!

99 problems, and the whole "-eek" rhyming section of Handy

Got the whole world thinking I'm McGyver!

Jury duty with Art Garfunkel -- because that's such a fun word to put in a song. BNL did it before with $1000000 but they didn't make it rhyme.

Fungal rot, bacterial formation, microbes, enzymes, mold and oxidation

Aluminum foil. Just that line. When I first heard that "Foil" was "Royals", my brain sang "aluminum foooyal" just like he does it, so I laughed and applauded when he did it just as I had imagined.

We're great and you suck. And the whole of Sports Song. Because I'm a band geek.

Always lose my fight with gravity. I can't get up, this couch is part of me, I'm growing cobwebs on my knee.

I can't get wifi in the kitchen. And the free shipping line, because I totally did that when I bought this album. LOL'd hard at that.

The new resume printed in comic sans. Probably my favourite line of that song. And selfies at a funeral.
sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

The funniest part of the album for me when I listened for the first time was in "Foil" oddly enough. After the first verse, I was like "Is he really going to do a whole song about aluminum foil?" I thought it was going to be another "My Balogna". Then when he goes into the second verse, I was like "Ok where is he going with this?" Then when he says "I'm protected cause I made this hat, from aluminum foil", I had to stop the CD I was laughing so hard. I have played this song for others and it's the same sort of reaction.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Being a diabetic, the line in My Own Eyes about the two chicks in the abandoned seven eleven snorting pixie stix while belching Stairway To Heaven has to be my favorite line on the whole album.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
tankgirl73

Post by tankgirl73 »

sethmartin wrote:The funniest part of the album for me when I listened for the first time was in "Foil" oddly enough. After the first verse, I was like "Is he really going to do a whole song about aluminum foil?" I thought it was going to be another "My Balogna". Then when he goes into the second verse, I was like "Ok where is he going with this?" Then when he says "I'm protected cause I made this hat, from aluminum foil", I had to stop the CD I was laughing so hard. I have played this song for others and it's the same sort of reaction.
Yes! When I heard the first couple lines of the verse the first time, I immediately knew where it was going, and it was hilarious *then*, and then *again* when he got there and it was that burst of relief and excitement of realized expectations when he made the hat. :great:
Waffle King
Occasional

Post by Waffle King »

Mine is probably the "I had to buy something I don't need to qualify for free shipping from Amazon" from First World Problems.I've been there too,so it got a big laugh from me,plus the way he sings the line is great.
Back off me,man-back off.
weirdajs
Occasional

Post by weirdajs »

I remember this scene in Hangover 3 and instantly thought of I would live-tweet a funeral, take selfies with the deceased
(because I'm tacky) :lol: