Mandatory Fun Concert Songs

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Mandatory Fun Concert Songs

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So until today, I was sure that "Foil" would be a medley only song, but after this amazing video, I think it would really work well as a full performance. I can just see the lighting switching to dark red, and the screen showing the same background images as were shown in the video.

On the other hand, the song is short enough that he might just include the whole thing in the medley, and still do the lights and background images. If so, he's got to go right into P@tCIA right after.
shakespeare234
Regular

Post by shakespeare234 »

Bruce the Duck wrote:
NDBois wrote:My daydream that will never happen: After Al performs Handy, he leaves on his costume and does the first-ever live performance of Hardware Store, which he's been practicing for eleven years.
I don't think that's totally out of the question. The two songs would work very well together. If he could only figure out a way to do the third verse.

OR he could do it as a sort of mini-medley, where he starts with "Hardware Store" and then goes into "Handy" after the second verse.
What he should do is take the third verse of hardware store and make it part of the Yoda Chant.
fang3207

Post by fang3207 »

Now we know what Bermuda's drum set would look like.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

NDBois wrote:My daydream that will never happen: After Al performs Handy, he leaves on his costume and does the first-ever live performance of Hardware Store, which he's been practicing for eleven years.
Yes. Yes! YES!!!!

I'm not sure if it's humanly possible for anyone to do the third verse without passing out halfway through, but I'd love to see this.
Also, am I the only one who thinks I'll Repair For You could fit in well with Handy without seeming redundant?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

drewdy9999 wrote:Also, am I the only one who thinks I'll Repair For You could fit in well with Handy without seeming redundant?
It would be very redundant in my opinion since a lot of the jokes are exactly the same.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

A few comments:

1. Mission Statement is kind of long. I do love the dead-on CSNY arrangement, especially with the contrasting banal MBA empty jargon. It's as if he set Dilbert to music. I would enjoy it I the medley.

2. Craigslist must stay on the set list. The reason? Pleather. :drool:

3. A JPE excerpt would fit well in the medley.

4. Al did some audience interaction when he did Tacky on Conan, complete with a twerk to some lucky lady's face. While I don't see it replacing WBUL, I would have no objection to a second walk-the-aisles piece.

5. I appreciate Al's apology regarding 'spastic'. As I work with severely mentally ill people for a living, I wasn't keen on the references to foil hats either. This will probably remain my lonely battle. :(

6. Adele is reported to be working on a new album '25'. If this is true and it comes out before next year's tour, maybe Al would work in the Adele parody I was hoping for in Mandatory Fun.

That's my 27 cents.

Cheers, Diva
Putting far too much thought into this
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Diva wrote:A few comments:1. Mission Statement is kind of long. I would enjoy it I the medley.
Unfortunately, the medley is only parodies
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
shakespeare234
Regular

Post by shakespeare234 »

Two things that I hope would happen (but probably won't) that have nothing to do with Mandatory Fun:

1) Third verse of Hardware Store as part of the Yoda Chant
2) WBUL leaves the set list for a return of OMM.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

shakespeare234 wrote:WBUL leaves the set list for a return of OMM.
I wouldn't mind that. I miss OMM
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
shakespeare234 wrote:WBUL leaves the set list for a return of OMM.
I wouldn't mind that. I miss OMM
Me too!