Mandatory Fun Concert Songs

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Mandatory Fun Concert Songs

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So, what songs do you all think are likely to be performed in concert from this album?

My thoughts:
Spoiler:
Obviously, "NOW That's What I Call Polka!" will be there.

For parodies, I see "Foil" and "Inactive" being in the medley. They're not strong enough to be full performances. The other three will likely be performed in full, which will mean a lot of standing around doing background vocals for Jim and Steve.

For the originals, I would bank on "Lame Claim to Fame" and "My Own Eyes". Maybe "First World Problems". He usually uses the most high-energy rock songs in the concert, and those three really fit the bill. JPE is way too long for the concert. I know he's done "Albuquerque" and "Twine" in concert, but JPE I think is both too long and too new to be in concert. "Mission Statement" isn't funny enough. "Sports Song" would be good if he could arrange for a local high school band at every concert, but that would probably be a little difficult to manage.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Mandatory Fun Concert Songs [Spoilers]

Post by Big Spoon »

Will need to hear all the songs again before making any final decisions, but I pretty much agree with what you said, Jeremy.
And Peggy
FreeDeliveryFan
Occasional

Post by FreeDeliveryFan »

I completely agree with Bruce on mostly all of that honestly. I thought to myself right away thinking of the future tour that I just don't see him doing JPE live in concert, and I definitely don't see Sports Song either. As far as everything else goes, I'd say it's fair game and will all be in concert for the most part. I'll be VERY surprised if Foil is not in the medley part.
"Near...far...I'll Jump In My Car!"
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

For as far back as I can remember, he's included ALL FIVE parodies in the concert. Usually three are performed in full, and the other two get lumped into the medley.

One bad thing about this album: With "Handy" likely going into the show, there is now zero percent chance that he'll ever bring back "I'll Repair For You," which has always been my favorite concert-only song. :(
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

If it's any consolation, 0% is still pretty close to the 0.000001% chance there was before. ;)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Good Enough For Now wrote:If it's any consolation, 0% is still pretty close to the 0.000001% chance there was before. ;)
:angry:

:lol:
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

I think for the parodies that they'll play around with them and figure out a way to do full band versions. That's what they had to do for Perform This Way.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Spoiler:
I am thinking that Handy, Tacky, and Word Crimes will all be performed in full, as well as MAYBE Foil.

For originals, I think My Own Eyes is a guarantee, and I wouldn't mind seeing Mission Statement being put near the beginning of the set, before costume changes. Also, Lame Claim to Fame is a good contender for live performance. I am actually REALLY hoping for Jackson Park Express to be performed live, even though it is 9 minutes long. It is a funny song, and think it would be a crowd pleaser.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
fang3207

Post by fang3207 »

How long after an album launch does Al usually go on tour?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Depends. It's always different depending on what time of year the album gets released.
And Peggy