Mandatory Fun Concert Songs

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Mandatory Fun Concert Songs [Spoilers]

Post by Bruce the Duck »

TMBJon wrote:I think this all depends on when the tour actually starts. If it truly waits until 2015, I could imagine Al releasing yet another new parody to coincide with the tour. In that case, all of our predictions about which songs will be played could be proven false.
We're making predictions based upon the information we have. Whether or not something else is released next spring is irrelevant to the question of what material from this album will make the cut. :)
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Bruce the Duck wrote:I'm really starting to love "Mission Statement," but I don't think there's any chance of it being performed live. It's too long and dull to be in a concert for the masses.
I would LOVE to hear this live! It's quickly turning into one of my favorite originals on the album. I'm with you, though. I don't think we'll be hearing it live any time soon.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

Spoiler:
Personally, for full parodies, I thing Handy will be in there, Word Crimes and Tacky. As for originals, I could see Sports Song performed in a soccer or football uniform, maybe get the band in matching ones as well. I can see First World Problems turning into another Germs type of performance. As for the medley, Foil I'm pretty sure will end up in there, with Al wearing an aluminum foil hat, and Inactive will probably end up in there too. I could see Mission Statement replacing TMZ.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

Does anybody think that Jackson Park Express could replace Wanna B Ur Lovr as the crowd interaction bit? They're both pretty long and have a similar level of mildly risque humor.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

oddaustin wrote:Does anybody think that Jackson Park Express could replace Wanna B Ur Lovr as the crowd interaction bit? They're both pretty long and have a similar level of mildly risque humor.
I hope not. Out of the 3 shows I've seen, WBUL is my favorite song he performs. He sang the "elastic in my underwear line" to my mom and looked at me and went "sorry" :lol:
As great as this track is, I'm not sure it could replace WBUL.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

JPE doesn't seem like the kind of love song that Al would sing to multiple women in the audience like WBUL and One More Minute.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Whether or not something else is released next spring is irrelevant to the question of what material from this album will make the cut. :)
By definition, it's extremely relevant. If Al has one or two newer songs to promote during the tour, it could affect the number of songs played from Mandatory Fun. :)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay Jon. Which of the songs from Mandatory Fun do you think should be in the concert next year? Or are you just here to argue?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I gotta stick up for both sides here. Obviously we are basing guesses on whats out now, so we expect to hear a certain amount of MF songs. But if Al gets another parody or two out there in the mean time, it will greatly affect the number of new songs. On the other hand, the question is what songs from this album will appear, which would make Jon entirely wrong. So why dont we combine the two. Which songs from the album will be on the tour? And if Al puts out another song by spring, which song gets bumped?
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

It doesn't matter what might get bumped at some later date. This topic is not about hypothetical future projects. It's just about what songs we'd like to see from this album in the concert. Please, DFTT.

Anyway, to remain on topic, someone above mentioned "Sports Song."

I don't think that would be a very interesting performance without an actual band there. But if there's a video for the song, it might make a great filler between songs, maybe leading into Ruben's keyboard solo before "Yoda." I don't remember - are there video clips after "Fat?" I don't think there are. But maybe it could go somewhere else. It would be great, especially in concerts performed in actual stadiums.