Re: Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates

Post by LovelySortsOfDeath »

Style parodies:
Spoiler:
Lame Claim to Fame = SCOTS
Sports Song = college fight song
My Own Eyes = Foo Fighters
Mission Statement = CSNY
First World Problems = Pixies (also the Amanda Palmer one)
Jackson Park Express = Cat Stevens
LovelySortsOfDeath
Occasional

Post by LovelySortsOfDeath »

This is the REAL polka:
Spoiler:
Wrecking Ball
Pumped up kicks
Best song ever
Gangnam style
Call me maybe
Scream and shout
Somebody that I used to know
Timber
Sexy and I know it
Thrift shop
Get lucky
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

LovelySortsOfDeath wrote:This is the REAL polka:
Spoiler:
Wrecking Ball
Pumped up kicks
Best song ever
Gangnam style
Call me maybe
Scream and shout
Somebody that I used to know
Timber
Sexy and I know it
Thrift shop
Get lucky
And the song that starts the polka off is
Spoiler:
Too Fat Polka
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Just got my disc in the mail today
Spoiler:
Two Band Pictures, as well as two new pictures of Al not previously released. One with his outfit from the front cover, but his pants fell down, and one of him with what I am guessing is a leaf blower blowing into his face (really creepy). The Band Pictures are amazing. I will try scanning them and posting them on here
EDIT: Here are the links to the photos (Note: When scanned, there is a huge crease down the center with staples and stuff, but I tried to Photoshop it out as best as possible so these can be used for facebook cover photos!!! The first one will make an especially great cover photo :D
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... lBand1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... lBand2.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (This one was near impossible to photoshop, so it isn't perfect)
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Was reading through the booklet that comes with the CD, and in the Thank You sections, I believe there are some hints to who is directing or producing music videos.
Spoiler:
Maker Studios, MC Lars, Jarret Heather, Jonathan Coulton, Liam Lynch, Brian Wisniewski, TruScribe, College Humor, Spencer Griffin, Jon Wolf, Funny or Die, Nerdist, and also lists people appearing in Tacky, followed by Emo Phillips, BJ Novak, Jennifer Chan, Brent Smith, Ryan Anderson
Don't know if ALL of these people listed are involved, but they are all featured in the section relating to music videos.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

iTunes released it an hour ago!
Every time I use my brain I get in trouble.
erkman27
Regular

Post by erkman27 »

The Mothership has revealed a thumbnail for the Word Crimes video being released next.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

I'd post this in the Videos thread but it's locked for some reason - though, I guess this is kind of an update. According to the Video Facts page under the Archive section on the mothership, Al directed videos for Tacky, Foil, Handy, and Sports Song!

http://www.weirdal.com/videtc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now we already pretty much knew Handy and Sports Song were getting live-action videos, but now we know the video for Foil is live action as well! And that should be up tomorrow :D
I'm thinking Handy is the 'big-budget' video, so-to-speak. But the one for Tacky was very very good, albeit simple - so I'm really looking forward to all the others!
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

drewdy9999 wrote:I'd post this in the Videos thread but it's locked for some reason - though, I guess this is kind of an update. According to the Video Facts page under the Archive section on the mothership, Al directed videos for Tacky, Foil, Handy, and Sports Song!

http://www.weirdal.com/videtc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now we already pretty much knew Handy and Sports Song were getting live-action videos, but now we know the video for Foil is live action as well! And that should be up tomorrow :D
I'm thinking Handy is the 'big-budget' video, so-to-speak. But the one for Tacky was very very good, albeit simple - so I'm really looking forward to all the others!
Also of interest on that page is that Dr. Demento guest stars in the Lame Claim to Fame vid!
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Not that any of us really had any doubts, but the "Mandatory Tour" was just pretty much confirmed by Al to take place in 2015:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20140725