Walmart Pre-Order Bonus

Moderator: Moderators

drewdy9999
Regular

Walmart Pre-Order Bonus

Post by drewdy9999 »

I'm still trying to figure out how I'll be purchasing this album... I kind of want to try and find it in stores Tuesday but it seems like it'd be easier just to order off Amazon. But one other option is Walmart.com, which has a listing for MF that says:
Pre-Order Mandatory Fun, by Weird Al Yankovic today and receive a Bonus Autographed Booklet. While supplies last; limit one per customer. Does not apply to cancelled orders.
Did we ever find out any information about this? It seems very vague. IIRC Bermuda didn't seem to know what it was talking about either.

Here's the listing for those curious, as I am: http://www.walmart.com/ip/37578279
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Walmart Pre-Order Bonus

Post by Muppetboy09 »

This was already briefly discussed in the Album 14 Speculation thread a couple weeks back.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
MatthewChojnacki

Post by MatthewChojnacki »

Just grabbed one! Thanks.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

My pre-order from Walmart just arrived. I can confirm that the bonus is just an extra copy of the regular insert booklet with Al's autograph on the front. Still pretty neat.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

The Sporkman wrote:My pre-order from Walmart just arrived. I can confirm that the bonus is just an extra copy of the regular insert booklet with Al's autograph on the front. Still pretty neat.
Real written autograph? Or a picture of his autograph? haha. Or is it hard to tell? I'm gonna assume it's real cuz what's the point otherwise.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

It looks like it's written in Sharpie, and if it's not his autograph, it's a damn good forgery.
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

It's his autograph. Got mine in the mail yesterday. Had already gotten my initial copy from amazon w/release day shipping. I usually get 2-3 copies of Al's stuff because it gets banged around a lot from so much use. Thought the Wal Mart deal was kind of nifty. Not the most original piece of memorabilia. (I mean if you can order an autograph from Wal Mart, how many are out there, 2000? 5000?) But it's still cool if you're getting the CD anyway.