Which original will be the biggest hit/chart the highest?

Moderator: Moderators

Which MF original will perform the best on the charts?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Lame Claim to Fame
39%
Sports Song
32%
My Own Eyes
4%
Mission Statement
4%
First World Problems
21%
Jackson Park Express
No votes

Total votes: 28

CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Which original will be the biggest hit/chart the highest?

Post by CharlesNelson »

I'm really only making this poll because I've never made a poll before and I wanted to make my first poll :whoot: :whoot: :whoot:

No but in Cameron the Taco's poll asking which song we think will be "the hit," there's a vote for "Sports Song," 2 for the polka and 32 spread among the parodies. Obviously we know the parodies sell better to the masses, who think all Al does is parodies. Also obviously, we again know that we don't know what these songs will sound like. But based on what we know right now, which of the six original songs do you think will sell the best?

ETA that based on what we think Lame Claim to Fame will be about, and that it might include a video with Internet celebs, maybe that one will be most appealing to the masses. Thus, my vote goes there.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Which original will be the biggest hit/chart the highest

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Honestly, I think they will all sell pretty much the same. I don't think too many people will buy just one original. The people that buy the originals will likely be buying the whole album. But if there is one song that sells better than the others, I would say that it might depend upon what the style parodies are. In other words, if there's a style parody of The Pixies for example, perhaps a lot of Pixies fans will buy just that track.

Also, it's worth noting that there's a good chance "Jackson Park Express" will be an album-only track, in which case its sales would be completely dependent upon whole-album sales.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Well, we know at least three and at most all six of the originals will have videos, and they'll be pretty well promoted and hyped up as part of Al's #8videos8days campaign. It's possible one of them could become a viral hit.

Bruce, what makes you think Jackson Park Express will be album-only? Even if Al was somewhat joking with this "12 singles" comment, I don't think he would have said that if you couldn't actually buy each song individually.
Cameron the Taco
Occasional

Post by Cameron the Taco »

I'm gonna have to say First World Problems because people eat memes up like a chicken in a movie theater these days.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The Sporkman wrote:Bruce, what makes you think Jackson Park Express will be album-only? Even if Al was somewhat joking with this "12 singles" comment, I don't think he would have said that if you couldn't actually buy each song individually.
Just based on how iTunes does things. Often times, if an album has a song that is exceptionally long, it will be an album-only track.
CheeseSandwich

Post by CheeseSandwich »

Until I hear them (or at least get some info on what they are style parodies of) I can't really say for sure. Though I would agree the 2nd track on Al's albums usually are the best sounding ones. Pancreas, Hardware Store, My Baby's in Love With Eddie Vedder, Everything You Know is Wrong, Young Dumb & Ugly, Trigger Happy, Midnight Star and Dare To Be Stupid are all great songs.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Cameron the Taco wrote:I'm gonna have to say First World Problems because people eat memes up like a chicken in a movie theater these days.
People eat chicken in movie theaters...? :huh:
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I picked "Sports Song" because out of all those titles alone, I see that one as having the absolute most appeal to the masses. That one easily appeal beyond the viral video crowd in a way that "Lame Claim To Fame" and "First World Problems" couldn't. It could even reach casual fans or people who are just about to find out (upon hearing/buying this for the first time) that sometimes, Al writes his own songs that aren't parodies of other musicians work (the way I found this out be listening to DDTS, Weasel Stomping Day and CBNC for the first time).
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Cameron the Taco
Occasional

Post by Cameron the Taco »

mellow weasel wrote:
Cameron the Taco wrote:I'm gonna have to say First World Problems because people eat memes up like a chicken in a movie theater these days.
People eat chicken in movie theaters...? :huh:
No, I was saying that if a chicken was released into a theater, it would eat all the popcorn. That didn't make sense? Okay, I'll just sit in the failed analogy chair of shame...
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Cameron the Taco wrote: No, I was saying that if a chicken was released into a theater, it would eat all the popcorn. That didn't make sense? Okay, I'll just sit in the failed analogy chair of shame...
Now that you explained, it makes sense ;) , but in the initial post it wasn't clear what eats what :lol: . Maybe I lack some understanding of English syntax, idk... :?